His Electric Feel Part 20

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I have the worlds greatest fans ever!!! I'm number freaking 16 on the what's hot page!! Thank you so much to all of you! Well this chapter is kind of boring, but it'll get better and fast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat together as Van silently drove with the gentle hum of the Camaro's engine as background music. My hand was still in his and the sensations of lightening were shooting up my arm and I'm sure he could feel the slow burn that was churning in my stomach. Every breathe I took in was filled with the masculine scent of leather; the scent I was afraid I would never smell again. Unconsciously, I squeezed my hand that was holding Van's. As a silent response he began to rub slow circles on the top of my hand with his rough, yet soft, thumb. There were so many questions gurgling in my throat, but his constant touch was making me feel hazy.

"So you can control your element now?" I managed to softly say as I looked up at Van to see his reaction. He was staring straight ahead and his forehead crinkled as he thought about what I had just asked.

"Do you want the safe answer or the true answer?" He maintained his gaze on the open road, but he cracked a smile when I chuckled at his unnecessary question, "God I've missed you. But the truth is that," he hesitated, "I have never been able to do anything like I did tonight. I felt so powerful and dominating, but it doesn't compare at all to the feeling of control. I was able to make and use electricity, and protect you at the same time. Was it like that for you the other night?" I had been smiling while Van was talking because he had gotten so excited and animated, but now I was completely dumbfounded. The last time I had used my powers, there had been absolutely no control. There had only been destruction, and Van knew that.

"Is this you trying to be a dick to me after you did something genuinely nice? You know exactly what happened last time I messed with fire." I ripped my hand out of his, and crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked out the mirror. We were still on the interstate and the landscape was moving by rapidly, but then it started to slow down and the car began edging to the side of the lanes and ultimately stopping all together. "Wha-"

Before I could even form a syllable, Van had unclipped our seatbelts and placed my body along the length of the front seat. He was hovering above me, resting the weight of his muscular, large, handsome body on his elbows that were placed on either side of me. There was less than an inch of space between us at any point, but I wanted so badly to feel him relax his body into mine. A rosy blush crept to my checks as I looked into his electric eyes. Van's face was molded into an unreadable expression and his dark hair was sexily windblown, and I couldn't help but bite my lip at the sight of his growing beard. His face, his lips, were a mere centimeters from mine. I was supposed to be angry at him, not want to reach up and kiss him. Before I could follow my impulses though, his deep voice began to fill the silence that had surrounded us.

"I know it will be hard for you to trust me after the way I have been treating you, but please try to. It has killed me to treat you the way I have the past few days, but from here on out, it's done. I'm done making you hurt when all I want to do is..." Van looked at me like he was seeing more than the little girl he had once known, "But even you have to believe me when I say that I would never bring your mother and that night into this. I'm talking about the night you and I went out to Pulse. Do you remember what happened?"

I had begun to let down my walls as Van had been talking, but they were posted right back up as I thought back on that night. All I could see was Van kissing a blonde. My eyes turned into a hard glare as I replied, "I remember you saying I was pathetic." I was so dumb and childish to give into Van so easily. For all I knew, he had a bet with Raiden to see how long it would take to get in my pants. From now on, I would act like the grown women I was.