His Electric Feel Part 4

I'm almost one hundred percent sure that Tyson had some sort of tracker placed in me. Within a minute of leaving my room, he had found me along with his wife Genevieve. Genevieve and Tyson had only been together for half a year before I left. Of course, I was invited to the wedding, but apparently I had something better to do. I wanted to kick myself every time I thought about the wedding for not going.

Genevieve was very beautiful. She had long, fine red hair that matched her pale skin and cat-like green eyes perfectly. She gave me a hug. "It's very nice to see you again Torah. We have all missed you very much. I'm just sorry our reunion had to take place under these circumstances." Genevieve always talked extremely formal.

"Yeah, it's good to see you, too," I sheepishly added, "I'm sorry about missing the wedding I was...." I let it trail off at that.

"No use crying over spilt milk is there now?" Tyson said with an annoyed tone. He would always hold it against me that I skipped his wedding. I didn't blame him. "Listen, all the guests will want to see you. It's unavoidable, so I figured you should have the privilege of greeting them all at the door." Before I could even protest, he cut me off. "Torah, do not fight me on this. It's not the time or the place. Now go."

Knowing when to challenge my brother and when not too, I made my way through the early guests and headed towards the door. Tyson was right anyway. I would be the gossip of my father's funeral and after saying their goodbyes to him, they would want to see his estranged daughter. Why deprive them?

Greeting duty gets really old after about oh five minutes. I had been making awkward small talk and shaking the hands with countless curious guests for forty five minutes now. I would do the occasional scan of the room for Van every now and then, but there had been no luck so far.

The fact that he had spent the night with some women was a killer. It's not like I had any say what he did. I hadn't tried to make contact for seven years, and well I had slept around with more than my fair share too. And it's not like Van and I ever had a serious relationship, but we both knew it could have been. For me, Van was the question I just couldn't answer. He was my what if?

"Ahh, the infamous Torah Grande," I snapped out of my little Van monologue to see Sir Thatcher. I instantly tensed up. Even as a child, I knew that Sir Thatcher had always seeked to bring my father down from the high view that most, if not all, Elementals held him at. This would not be good. "So you finally decided to return for dear old dad's funeral. My deepest regrets, he was a 'wonderful man'," he said the last line like he was being held at gunpoint.

"Thank you." I managed to say.

Thatcher continued, "At least," he paused and smiled. Whatever he was about to say would strike a nerve and he relished in that. "At least he is with your dear mother right now."

I felt my eyes start to flash from their usual grey to orange and back. If I didn't calm down, something very bad would happen. But right now, hurting Thatcher would not be the worst thing. He was one of the few people that new the real reason for my mother's death and he had always used it against my family. My eyes started flashing faster and faster and I felt the fire running through my veins urging to be unleashed.

I had almost lost all control when I felt a hand grab my own and pulled me into another room. Before we left, I heard a voice coldly talking to Sir Thatcher. I knew that voice but I was so out of it that I just couldn't place it.