His Electric Feel Part 19

Alright so I know a lot of you are getting frustrated and bored with the story. I keep forgetting that I'm the only one that knows why Tyson is being such a turd, but I promise it's a pretty good reason and you guys will eventually find out so just bare with me. And I do know exactly what's going to happen right up to the ending, so hopefully, I'll keep posting frequently. Please let me know areas that I can improve on. I'm going to try and incorporate more of the Black Orchids and Shards into the story as it progresses. Thank you so much for sticking with His Electric Feel! Please comment and vot e or whatever you want to do at the end :P!

This couldn't be happening to me. I wouldn't let it happen to me. Without giving it a second thought, I tore the tubes leading up my nose out of my nostrils and made a grab for the IV on my arm.

"I know you're upset. But this is not the way to solve it Torah. You are still gravely injured." Tyson's voice was a whisper that got lost in my head. I knew what was best for me, and it was currently on its way out of my life forever. I tore the IV out of my arm and threw the covers off of me.

"Stop it Torah. Now" His voice went in one ear and out the other.

With absolutely no hesitation, I swung my feet out of the bed and onto the ground to support my weight. I was hit with a wave of lightheadedness as I stood up. I began swaying as long arms came into my view. Slapping them away I took my first few steps with gritted teeth.

"Get back in your bed Torah." I continued on my way out the door. With each step I took, the pain lessened in my feet and rose in my heart. I needed to reach Van before he left me to rot with Tyson.

I was standing in the doorframe looking at down the hall, trying to find the elevator sign. I spotted it quick enough and saw that it pointed around a corner about fifty feet away. If I was going to make it, I needed to leave now and fast, or Tyson would stop me.

"I'm not doing this with you right now. I'm giving you ten seconds before I make you get back in bed." Tyson wasn't messing around, but neither was I.

"One." Running was my only option.

"Two." I would regret it.

"Three." But there were worse things.

"Four." What if I never saw Van's smile again?

"Five." Or heard his deep voice?

"Six." Or told him the truth?

"Sev..."

Using every ounce of energy I had left in my weak body, I pushed off the wall and ran towards what I hoped would lead to Van. I rounded the nurse's station with my papery, hospital dress behind dancing me. The pounding of Tyson's feet behind me was fast approaching, but I had the edge of surprise on him. His pursuing only egged me on though. I let out a hysterical laugh of joy that bounced off the wall as I kept on gliding towards the end of the hall.

"TORAH!" I didn't even glance back as I slid to a stop at the corner and saw yet another sign at the end of the new corridor pointing to the elevators. It was paired with the flash of a gleaming silver door. Breathing heavily, I dashed beside the white walls that surrounded me. I was actually going to make it I thought as I let out another loose laugh.

Halting at a dead stop, I looked at the new hall that was facing me and a ridiculous school girl smile broke out on my face as I stared at the only boy who would ever be able to capture my heart. Van's head was leaned up against the small wall space between the two elevators as he repeatedly punched the down button. Hair was falling into his face and his leather jacket was pulled up, hiding his neck from view. From what I could see, he looked like he was ready to go on a Shard killing spree. His head tilted towards me and a small smile formed on his pained expression. All of this was noted in the split second that it took for me to get from where I was into Van's arms.