Lydia's POV

Lydia left the hospital as soon as Scott and Isaac showed up (which was actually ten minutes later than they'd said they would, but she didn't stick around to lecture them). She raced to the house, pulled into her driveway and was halfway upstairs when she remembered she was supposed to get food. She decided to go out and get it later and continued up to her bedroom.

Alison was sprawled across Lydia's bed in nothing but a tee shirt and underwear, watching Hannibal and eating what looked to be lasagna out of a glass pan with a spoon. Lydia smiled and sat down next to her.

"Where did you get that?" Lydia laughed, gesturing to the lasagna.

"Your neighbour dropped it off. She said she was 'Sorry for your loss'. And that your dad was 'A wonderful man'," Alison said, rolling over and laying her head in Lydia's lap. "Your dad died?"

"Yeah,"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It didn't come up,"

"It's come up just now. How'd he die?"

"Concussion. Hit his head, went to sleep, didn't wake up,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Do you see my sobbing over it? I'm fine. Now, when you died. Should've seen me. I was a wreck,"

"Your mom sell his house?"

"Yeah. She's still working, though. Gives her an excuse to see me less,"

"Don't be like that,"

"She hates me, you know that. He did too,"

"They don't hate you. They just don't appreciate you,"

"Well, I hate them, so it doesn't matter,'

"You do seem awful cheery for a girl who's dad died,"

"You seem awful casual for a girl who just came back from the dead,"

Alison grinned and curled up into Lydia's lap.

"Love you Strawberry,"

"You too, Ali Cat,"