Stiles POV

Scott didn't get to come home for another two days, but they let Isaac out within hours of him waking up. It was only a shock induced coma, after all.

Stiles had to explain what had happened to Scott, and how it was his fault. Alison's death had been the hardest part to tell him, especially with Lydia in the room (she was still being abnormally quiet and clingy, which worried Stiles. She hadn't spoken since the day Scott woke up).

Stiles thought that things were going to get back to normal. He was hoping, at least, but things never seemed to go according to his plans.

The first thing that went wrong was that his father decided to show up at the hospital. Stiles was sitting next to Scott, arguing about who would win in a race of the Millenium Falcon and the Starship Enterprise, when the Sheriff walked in.

"D-Dad?" Stiles stammered, standing up so quickly he almost knocked over his chair.

"Stiles," he nodded.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard that Scott had an accident, and i knew you would be here... I wanted to talk to you,"

"So start talking,"

"Alone,"

"Well, that's not gonna work for me, cos i'm on a tight schedule. See, my best friend just almost died and woke up from a coma," he gestured to Scott, "Another also was in a coma," he gestured to Isaac, laying next to Scott, "And another one of my friends is dead, and we're all pretty torn up about it, so if you could just say whatever you wanna say, and then leave," Stiles shot his dad a sarcastic smile, "That would great,"

"I, uh..." his dad stammered.

"Get on with it, I haven't got all day,"

"I want you to come home with me,"

"My home is with Derek. And, i'm like, 99% sure you weren't invited,"

"Stiles, please."

"You were gonna bar my windows? Because I couldn't ever see Derek Hale again, right? He's too dangerous?"

"That's not-"

"He saved my life! Like, ten thousand times! He helps me sleep! He's there for me when you aren't, and he's mine, and i'm not leaving him, so fuck off!"

There was a stunned silence, usually in which Stiles would be rambling, trying to take back what he said. But this time he didn't. He just stood, glaring his father down in silence.

"Stiles, I know I was... I was wrong. I was being ridiculous. I was scared of losing you. But i'm- I'm sorry. I just want you back in the house. You're my son,"

And suddenly Stiles wished this conversation had been in private, because he didn't want his friends to see him totally lose his resolve.

"Maybe," he sighed. His dad smiled.

"That's all i'm asking," he said, and then left.

"Awwwwwww!" Squealed Scott as soon as the door shut. "You're so stricken with Derek! And mushy!"

"Shut your hole or i'll have him do it for me,"

"Well, whatever. I'm going to sleep,"

"You're always asleep!"

"I'm in the hospital!"

"So? You can leave soon!"

"Sleep is my hobby," Scott said with finality, sticking out his tongue. Stiles rolled his eyes and sighed.