Car

"You alright?" Peter asked after Stiles had sat silently for ten straight minutes. Thats like an eternity for someone who usually never stops running at the mouth.
"Oh, um. Yeah. Just. It's weird, you showing up like that,"
"Derek wanted to come, i assure you, but i was acting more reasonably. Less violent,"
"No, not that. Just, i was freaking out over the concept of losing Derek. A lot. Bit of an over reaction, don't you think?"
"Not really," Peter shruged. "Mating is a serious thing. Makes you all protective and defensive. But it brings out the best in you,"
"Is that why you-" Stiles cut himself off, realising how rude the question was.
"Why i was so pissy?"
"Yeah. Because of Ry leaving?"
"Yes. It isn't a fun feeling, thinking the person you love is dead. Multiply that times a thousand when you realize theyre not dead, just avoiding you,"
"Did you get sick?"
Peter tilted his head to the side.
"When you went missing, Ryann was... Ill. Bad ill,"
"I was hurt. She felt that. When she ran off, i felt the bond weaken and i missed her sorely, to the point of sickness. But i didn't give up on her. You can't let them go, not if you really love them. She was my only reason for not going completely sour,"
Stiles quirked a smile. Peter was getting all mushy and sentimental, and he had to admit it was very sweet. A much nicer colour on him than cutting remarks and murder.
"You may think my nephew a- what do you call him? Sour wolf? He has grown very un-sour since you met him,"
"I noticed,"
"Werewolves tend to get that way when they come so far without a mate. But you gave my nephew a reason to watch his step,"
"But what happens if he gets ganked? Or if something happens and he has to go away for awhile?"
"You'll be hating life. But he would be too. And i assure you, he's not in any danger. You would be, if you didn't have him,"
"Werewolf shit is fucking fucked,"
"Agreed,"