Chapter 23: A proper goodbye

"A-Achoo!" I sniffle and rolled up in my covers, cuddled up with a big stuffed bear Akio brought me as a get well present.

  I put all the stuff that was from Sasuke(the dragon plushie and the jacket, and yes I did keep that jacket) in the box and stored it in the attic.

"What the hell were you doing out in the rain?" Lady Tsunade interrogated.

"For the last time I was taking a walk but all that training from Jiraiya-sama I got tired and passed out." I lied.

"And that's all."

"Yes!" I snapped turning away from her.

She sighed and pulled the chair out of my wooden desk. "Naruko about Yamiyo-"

"I know I know, I can't go!"

"Actually... I have given it some thought and maybe I was only thinking of myself."

"Meaning..." I said in a dry voice, staring at my green wall.

"Meaning that I will allow you yo training with her."

"Cool." I say unenthusiastically.

"Naruko, are you okay?"

"Of course I'm not, I'm sick. I'm not supposed to be happy about it."

"I remember all the other times you were sick and you always wanted to move around instead of laying in bed for three days straight."

"Well, apparently people change eventually. You just gotta live with it."

"If this is about Sasuke leave from Konaha then we can talk-"

"There's nothing to talk about! He left and that all! We all just need to move on and act like nothing happened!"

"Naruko you haven't even cried. It's not healthy to keep all those feelings-"

"Just leave okay. Don't you have a more important thing to do, like Idk, being the fifth Hokage."

I hear footsteps, then the door opening and shutting. I close my eyes to go to sleep but then, my stomach gurgle, and I'm Hungary.

I roll my self out of bed and trudge myself to the kitchen. Walking over the cabinet I trip and fall. "The hell." I look down and see Mizudori, with a piece of paper in her mouth.

I took it and unfolded. My eyes widened at what it was. I thought Sasuke had this. It was the piece of paper from my first day of training.

My partner is-

*Ding -Dong*

I get off the floor and walk to the front door with Mizudori's feet pittering and patterning behind me. I unlock and it reveals Naruto, grinning like an idiot.

"Sup Naruko." I simply raise a hand and wave. He pushed me out of the way and intrudes into my home.

"So you've locked yourself in your house so I thought that maybe that we could go out.

"No thank you."

"Aww. Come on Naruko. How are you gonna be a ninja if you're always in here."

"What if I don't wanna be a ninja anymore!"

"Huh? You gotta be kidding right? This is because of Sasuke."

"No, it isn't!"

"Yes, it is! If you truly want to be happy then maybe you should just tell someone about it. Or do something to get your mind off it."