Chapter 13: You said I sound like a girl!

Chapter 13: "You said I sound like a girl!"

"How can you like tomatoes?!"

"How can you not?!" Sasuke grunted.

"Because..."

So let me catch you up. Sasuke and I were sitting on the edges of the dock, talking for about two hours about... stuff. But before that we had a contest on who could throw a pebble the farthest. Which he says he won, but I know for a fact that is was me.

"...it's only a red vegetable-"

"Fruit." He corrected.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever! Filled with goo and seeds. DIS-GUST-ING!"

"Okay, but how do you like... oranges." He spat out like it was a disease.

"What's wrong with them?"

"They are sweet-"

"Sometimes they can be tart and sour."

"But they still have sugar in them. Sugar is probably the most unhealthy thing that you could eat."

I stared at him dumbfounded. "Oh my goodness."

"What?" He said looking at the glistening lake.

"You sound like a rich, preppy girl." I laughed.

His eyes squinted as he glared at me. I don't know what happened, but I felt something on my back before there was a loud crash. Next thing I knew was that I was in the water.

I glared up at him. 'Two can play at this game.' I went underwater and then back above, "Sasuke, I-I..." back under water and above. "...can't swim." Then down below.

It was hard to see him through the water, but I could make out that his figure was taking off his jacket- yes he was wearing a jacket, it wasn't even cold out here, it was just windy, but he complained about how the "wind made him have goosebumps"- he leaned on the edge of the dock, and his arm was outstretched.

"N-Naruko..." I shot up. "Hurry up and grab my hand." The look on his face was priceless. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. I reached for it, but as he tried to pull me, up I pulled harder and he splashed into the water.

He stood up luckily, but I couldn't since I wasn't tall enough. Sasuke and I's hair was matted to our face. He glared a "deathly" glare but it had no phase on me. I was laughing uncontrollably.

"O-Oh my goodness! Y-you..." I could not breathe. "...you should've seen the look on your face." I stopped laughing when he pushes a huge wave of water on me. Water dripped from the ends of my hair.

"What the hell?!" I shouted.

"You pulled me into the water!" He accused.

"You pushed me first!" I defended.

"You said I sound like a girl!"

"You said you didn't like oranges, because they have sugar in them! It's natural sugar!"

"You don't like tomatoes! They look like seeds and goo?! Puh-lease!"

"Arggg!" I sent a wave of water into his face. Then I just kept doing it because Sasuke was the most frustrating thing in my life, so I just let it out on him!

"Stop it, you idiot!" He growled covering his face.

"No! Never!" I said making the waves bigger each time.

"You're so annoying!"

"And you're stuck up!" Then I stopped splashing when I didn't get a response. He was gone.

'Where in the hell did he g-'

In an instant, I was thrown over his shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"Taking you back."

"I am perfectly capable of walking back, by myself. Thank you!" I try to get off but his grip tightens.

"Just a few seconds ago you weren't even thinking about going back. Your goal was to drown me. I can't let you kill me just yet. I still haven't reached my goal in life."

"And that is?"

"Nothing important to you. You just know that an idiot like you needs to be watched or you could be dead." Then he sets me down on the deck. He reaches his arm out.

"What?"

"Help... me... up!"

"If you can carry me over here, then surely you can climb up here. How are you gonna reach that goal of yours if you can't even put yourself up here?"

He rolled his eyes, got on the dock and sat beside me. "You know kindness can go a long way!" He growls.

"Something you don't got, ya know!"

He glared at me. I stood up and took my hair out of their pigtails. Then I begin to ring the water out of them. Then Sasuke stared at me.

"What is it now!" I asked agitatedly.

"Why do you say 'ya know' what does it mean?" He is dark black obsidian eyes piercings into my bright blue ones.

I shrugged. "It can mean a lot of things." I say as I grip the roots of my hair then my hand slide it down as the water falls from it. " I say it when I'm happy or excited, and with you, frustrated or angry."

He scoffed and stood up. "If anything you annoy me the most with your childish behavior. You're the most immature person I know."

"So you want me to be like you, stuck up and boring."

He pushes me off the dock again, but not before I grabbed onto his shirt and he splashed in with me.

He rose to the surface and spat water from his mouth. "Idiot!"

"Jerk!"

---------------------------

A/N: Chapter 13 complete

I know I was supposed to post yesterday, and I'm very sorry that I didn't. I promise that I will make it up to you. Also, thank you all for getting this book up to 400+ reads. It means so much to me that you are reading this book. Please, Shomment Cote and Vare!

Tmya_Morris🥀

3/25/18