Chapter 10: Land of Copper

"Aww man, my feet are killing me!" I whined. This is day one and a half since we made our way towards the Land of Copper

"Quit being so childish."

I glared at Sasuke, "I am not childish!" I fussed. Everybody stopped then turned to look at me. "What! I'm not!"

"Look at your hair." He said not even giving me one glance.

I picked up a long strand and examined it. Then I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's wrong with it?"

"You're wearing twin tails." Sakura spoke up.

"So? I thought it would I fit my personality." I beamed.

"It does." She claimed.

"Because you're childish." Sasuke deadpans.

"Don't worry about it Naruko. Us childish people bring joy into the world because we're all about fun. Sasuke is just mad he doesn't have our glowing personalities." Sasuke growled.

"Yeah, your right Naruto! Sasgay is being a dick, because he doesn't have the warmest of personalities like us."

"I told you not to call me that name!"

"What name? SAS-GAY!"

"You know what never mind. I should just stop giving attention to an idiot like you. Anything I say you can't comprehend."

I stopped right in my tracks, and glared at him. "Why you son of a- Ahhh!" I attacked him and he fell onto the ground. Which probably wasn't a good idea considering the fact that we were rolling down a steep hill non-stop.

We finally came to a crash. I sat up and rubbed my head. "Owie!" I looked up and saw a huge red wooden gate in the front of us.

"Sasuke Naruko! Are you guys alright?" Kakashi asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I answered for the both of us.

"Naruko! Get off of Sasuke-Kun!"

"Huh?" I looked down. I forgot I was sitting on his back. Weird how he didn't push me off or give me an insult. I climbed off of him, stood up then brushed myself off.

I extended my hand to him, but he slapped it away and glared at me. Well, there was the rudeness I was looking for.

"Jerk."

"Idiot."

"Kakashi-sense we made it, to The Land of Copper!" Naruto exclaims. "Now I'm ready to kick some bad guys butt."

"I wonder if they have ramen shop here?" I thought aloud.

"We're on a mission and your thinking about food?" Sasuke's voice growl.

"Yeah, I am. Food gives you the energy. That energy is chakra. I need chakra to fight."

"Well before we think about food let's go the Ninja Cabinet's office. We need to find out more information." Kakashi says as we walk into the village.

"Oh alright. I guess the ramen can wait." I sighed.

"Naruko when you go take me with you, Okay!"

"Sure!"

"You two don't even know if there is one."

"Don't be a party pooper, Sasgay!"

I looked at his fingers and saw them clench into a fist. Naruto and I were holding as much laughter as we could. Little giggles got out here and there but other than that we were pretty strong.

My laughter stopped when there were stares held against me. I looked at the ground, and not once did I look up until we got to the Ninja Cabinet's office.

()

()

()

"Thank you very much for coming. We are all glad you are here to protect Moti's daughter Hatio Wakage."

'Where did I hear that name from?'

We all turn to the door and just when it opens. A girl enters who around our age, 13. She wasn't just any girl either, I knew that brown hair and green eyes from anywhere.

"Ah, reinforcements are here. Yaaay! Now we have people to protect me and my daddy!" She walked over to Sasuke. "I want this one he's cute. What your name."

"It's Sasuke," Sakura spoke up. "And you can't have him because he's taken bi-

I quickly covered her mouth, "What Sakura means is that she, we are very glad to be protecting you?"

"Oh? You look very familiar. What's your name?"

"Oh her name is-

I put my hand over Naruto's mouth also.

"Oh I-I'm no one important. Just you everyday ninja. Anyway, we came here to see if there was any more information on, Hachiro Tunkanzi."

"Oh yes! Very well then. Daddy, may you to tell them the deets. I have a five o'clock spa treatment that I have to get ready for. Ta-ta." Then she struts out of the room.

'Gosh, she is such a spoiled brat.'

"Very well then," Mito spoke. "The village has been holding a carnival all week. There have been many reports that Hachiro was there."

"Also," one of the Cabinet members added, "lots of people have gone missing. Rumor has it that Hachiro is holding them hostage."

"Is that all," Sakura asks.

"Yes, that's all the information we have on him. If we have any more then we will be sure to notify you."

"Alright team," Kakashi started. "Let's go book for a hotel to go look into."

"We already have that covered," Mito said stopping us in our tracks. "Our assistant Riki will show you to it."

A tall young man stood up. He had deep brown eyes with golden brown hair. He was hoooot! But sadly there was a major age difference between us, so yeah.

"Nice to meet you all. Please come with me, I'll make sure you'll get to our destination, safe and sound." Then he gave us a smile. It wasn't like one of those nice smiles it was kinda like a sneaky smile, ya know.

I looked around to notice that nobody had questioned it, well except for Sasuke. I wouldn't consider him a person though. More like a demonic, jerk child.

Riki walked over to them and opened for us and they piled out of the door. When I made my way to the door Riki gave me this senile glare, of hatred and violence.

I could feel him stare behind me like he was burning holes in the back of my head.

'Creeeepy.'

---------------------------

A/N:

Chapter ten complete ya know.

I don't know why but I like the phrase "ya know." Ya know, Ya know, Ya know. Anyways, I want to thank you all for 300+ reads. I'm glad you're reading my sad excuse of a story. Also very, very, very, sorry about my past late updates. I really have to get better at that. Thx! Vomment! Cote!

~Tmya_Morris🥀

3/14/18