Part 21

After making Arish sleep Khushi was sitting on her small and old wooden study table which Shashi had fixed for her. She was trying to do her assignments but her mind was not letting her do that. Payal had called again and from her she come to know that it's impossible to save both so Doctor are trying to save mother. It was Arpita decision which Shyam had to accept. She could have let it go as such things happen in pregnancy even at her time Doctor had said they can save only one but look she and Arish both are alive. But when Buaji said that it's Anjali Karma she didn't felt well, she can wish ill for a unborn child. She had never cursed anyone nor had asked bad even for the people who made her life miserable. She believes in 'Karma' and trust her Devi Maiya judgement. The only thing which scaring her that innocent child who had not even come in this world don't get punished for his or her parents doing. She gave damn to Anjali but she want that baby to be safe. A innocent life can't be sacrificed just to punish some evil people. Joining hee hands she closed her hand in front of small statue of Devi Maiya placed on her table.

"Devi Maiya... hume nhi pata ki kya shi hai aur kya galat... hume ye bhi nhi pata hum kya chahte hai... par ek baat hum jaante... kisi masoom ko kisi aur ke kiye ki saza nhi milni  chaiye... Anjali aur Shyam ne humare bahut galat kiya aur hum unse nafrat bhi karte hai par usme us bache ka koi kasur nhi hai... aur Maa baap ke kiye ki saza bachon ko mile ye to nyaye nhi hai Devi Maiya... zindagi aur maut aapke hath me hai aur hume bich me bolne ka koi haq nhi hai... par hum aapse ye jarur kahenge ki ek masoom ki jaan ki kimat pe hume nyay nhi chaiye" said Khushi. (God I don't know what is right or wrong... and I even don't know what I want?... but one thing I know that no innocent should be punished for the crime did by others. Anjali and Shyam did very with me nd for that I hate them but that child has nothing to do with it... and it's not right to punish child fir their parents doing... life and death is your decision and I don't have any say in it... but if killing a infant child is justice then I don't need it)

"Khushi..." said Buaji who came in room to give her milk as she didn't ate her dinner but got shocked hearing her request.

"Buaji aap... aaiye na... hum bus uhi..." said Khushi hoping she had not heard her. (Buaji you... please come... I was just...)

"Humne sab sun liya..." said Buaji placing hand on Khushi sholder. (I heard everything)

Hugging Buaji from waist Khushi started crying silently. Keeping glass on table Buaji started rubbing her head lovingly. She didn't said anything and let Khushi cry... after very long time she is seeing her so vulnerable again. After Arish birth she had made strong wall around her that stopped every human emotion. 

"Tum sach me nhi chahti ki Anjali ko uske kiya ki saza mile... usne tumhare garv girana chahti thi... agar tumhe shi samay pe pata nhi chala hota to shayad aaj Lalla ... shayad uski karni aaj use wapas mil rhi hai" asked Buaji after Khushi calm down. (Do you really don't want Anjali to face same fate which she had planned for you... she tried to abort your baby and if you didn't come to know about that on time then you may had lost Arish...)

"Buaji galti Anjali ki hai aur uske liye har saza kam hogi... magar ek masoom ki jaan kabhi bhi hume insaaf ya khushi nhi de sakti... hum unki tarah nafrat me itne andhe nhi ho sakte hai ki ek bacha jo abhi is duniya me aya bhi nhi hai use apna dushman maan baithe aur uski maut chahe... hum mahan nhi ban na chahte Buaji magar apni insaniyat bhi nhi kho sakte hai... aap chahe hume pagal samjhe ya bewakuf magar hume koi farak nhi padta... agar humari prathna us bache ki zindagi bachane me kaam aa sakti hai to hum Devi Maiya se uski zindagi mange ge kyunki humare liye wo sirf ek bachha hai jisne humara kuch nhi bigada hai" said Khushi. (Anjali did wrong with me and for that every punishment given to her will be less... I unborn baby life can't give justice or happiness... Whether you call me mad or fool I don't care... I'm not trying to be great Buaji but I can't kill my humanity... I'll pray for that child because for me its just a unborn baby who did nothing wrong to me)