chapter 11

Dinner went by slow and painful, Not even gaby talked during our Taco's, and believe me when she stops talking you need to start worrying. I was seated on my usual seat, facing Jose and next to gaby. I could hear gaby playing with her peas, moving them around with her fork. I looked at Jose, a frown clear in his face. He was whispering not so nice things under his breath as he ate his tacos.

"Gabriela don't play with your good" he scolded not bothering to look up, gaby froze in her place and silently began eating. She knew that when someone called her Gabriela it was because it was something serious or she did something wrong.

"It's okay honey, if your not hungry anymore you can go ahead and go watch t.v I'll take you some ice cream. sounds like a plan ?" I asked as her grin widen retrieving her plate to the sink and walking away.

"What's you're problem" I hissed at Jose as I slapped my utensils and wiped my mouth with my napkin.

Jose eyebrows furrowed as he gave me a deadly glare.

"She's not supposed to play with food" he said cooly as he rubbed his temples.

"Shut the fuck up with your excuses" I said angrily as I stood up and put my plate on the sink, I turned the water on and started scrubbing them.

"Stop cursing" he said looking at me

"Don't tell me what to do" I said angrily as I scrubbed harder.

"See, this is what I'm talking about" he muttered angrily slamming his hand on the table .

"What exactly" I spat out angrily as I dried the plates.

"Just when those assholes walked in, our whole marriage is falling apart" he said angrily as he stood up.

"Nothing his falling apart, you're the one that's over reacting about this whole situation" I said putting the dishes away and opening the freezer.

"Overreacting, how the fuck am I overreacting. I don't like gaby being close to them" he said angrily as he tried to get me to make eye contact.

"Their her family too. My family" I tried to defend them.

"Oh so now there you're family, how ironic"

I looked at him utterly annoyed as I threw the ice cream tub in the counter and opened it.

"I have a say on who has or doesn't have interaction with my daughter" he yelled , after I had served Gaby favorite caramel ice cream into a little pink bowl, I put it back on the freezer and started walking out the kitchen, avoiding to have any further confrontations with Jose.

"I have the fucking right to decide over my daughter too" he said again utterly frustrated, I stopped on my tracks annoyed and angry and looked back at him.

"You're not even her father"

I saw his face pale, his hand tremble as he gripped the counter and looked at me with such hurt, I walked to the room and gave gaby her ice cream. She stared at me and smiling sadly.

"Why are you and daddy fighting all of a sudden so much. Is it because my uncles" he whispered licking her spoon.

"Mommy and daddy are just having some differences honey, nothing to worry about"

She smiled pushing her bangs of her forehead and taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"You and me are going to have a sleepover" I said as her eyes lit up in excitement, she handed me the bowl of ice cream as she ran to close the doors

"Let's watch frozen Mommie please, daddy never wants to because he says there singing is shit" my eyes widen at her choice of words and scold her softly.