House cup

~Chapter 5~

Louis was beyond annoyed mostly because he knew that this was his fault and that he deserved this. He was just trying to be a jerk but ended up going too far as a result now he was walking alongside Filch and the three idiots to Hagrid.

"Wait you weren't kidding? We cannot go into the Forbidden forest man."

"Tomlinson is right there." Louis glared at Styles not feeling very forgiving at the moment.

A loud snap made Louis turn around, shining the light towards the sound only to see nothing but the trees.

"Wait till my father hears about it." Louis knew he'll never tell his father but everyone knew that each time something happens and his father does get involved he'll win the fight. He, himself, was never able to justify why he even does anything. Like he hates Louis with pure passion. He literally chucked a book at him a few months ago but whenever someone else disrespects him, he's suddenly his only son and their entire name is getting offended.

_____

Suddenly a cold breeze swept through the dark woods, making Tomlinson swallow and grab Fang's collar to keep him closer. Another snap came and a very warm hand wrapped around his own one, tearing his freezing one away from the leather material.

"What the heck is that?" He wanted to sass Styles and tell him to sod off but no word came past his lips. He wasn't even fully able to register the fact that they were indeed holding hands as his light casted over a hunched figure, drinking from a unicorn.

His stomach turned and he rapidly turned away the light, in order not to get noticed and started to tag Harry away. The twerp stepped on a branch, making it snap loudly, the sound amplifying throughout the trees, bouncing around almost as an alarm.

The creature rose up, facing them now and just like that Louis span as well.

"Run Styles." The git was honestly the worst and fell down, tumbling over a branch and as tempting as it was to leave him behind, the tiny lad couldn't.

He took a deep breath and straightened out, pulling his wand forward.

"Stupify!"

It was a horrible curse that an 11-year-old should not even be able to cast but Louis did grow up in the Manor, meaning he needed to adapt in order to survive.

Luckily, the thing was probably weak-hence the unicorn blood-and took off right after the curse hit it, just as the others started to get closer, calling out for them.

"Do not talk about this Styles or I'll end you." The threat sounded empty mainly because it was but Louis hoped that the green-eyed boy wouldn't be able to tell that.

_____

Both winter break and the rest of the semester flew by in the blink of an eye. That's how Louis has found himself already closing the year, waiting for the final feast to start after Slytherin got the house cup.

He had to admit the Great Hall never looked better than decorated with their house's colours.

"...in light of this I have a few more points to give out." His attention focused back on their headmaster, tilting his head slightly to the side. After learning what have happened to Styles and the rest, he was exceedingly happy that he helped out the idiots. He likes to tease them but wouldn't want them dead.

The tiny lad leaned over the table, whispering to Blaise.

"Watch him make his little favourites win." Sarcasm was laced throughout in his tone, his eyes almost challenging as he kept them on the old wizard waiting to see how this one will fold out.

"First I'll award 30 points to Louis Tomlinson." His eyes widened for the fraction of a second, unfortunately Styles catching his true emotions this time.

"It is honourable to help but not many are able to make a difference between selfless actions and attempts at being successful." Everyone was dead quiet while Louis kept his eyes on the Professor's gaze, soon letting it drift to those warm brown colours belonging to his beloved teacher, Snape.

His mouth was hanging open, not really caring right then for others, simply wanting to know how on earth did Dumbledore know about it and if he's in trouble for getting caught. He did break the very clear rule of not using the restricted part of the library.

Snape shook his head, barely visible but it made Louis relax, knowing that he was in no trouble as of right now. He smiled in the slightest but quickly wiped it off when his gaze locked back onto those deep green ones. Instead a fake smirk made its way to his face and he forced it to stay there until Styles finally looked away.

"What did I tell you?" Louis simply started eating, after they did end up losing to Gryffindor. He wasn't actually upset but no one would have been able to tell that, he was not good at a lot but he could make himself unreadable anytime.

After packing everything up he got on the train with the rest of the kids, staying at one of the windows as well. He couldn't make his ogle behave him, as his eyes were technically glued to Styles and Hagrid. He wanted to be annoyed but couldn't make himself, he knew that his father would expect nothing less from him but he's not here right now.

As the curly-haired lad finally jumped aboard Tomlinson managed to avert his gaze, instead finding his favourite teacher. Snape probably felt the stare as soon he returned it and Louis let a smile stretch on his face upon seeing his professor do the same.

It looked a little like a grimace but the tiny lad knew he was happy that someone would want to say goodbye to him as well. He lifted his hand waving just once and got a nod in return.

That was more than enough to him.

"Finally going home." For the rest of the ride he and his friends made horrible jokes and told ridiculous stories. Louis ended up mainly listening which wasn't often but he couldn't help it. He'll miss these idiots through the summer break.