Chapter Twenty Nine

Through the night, I woke up crying a lot.

At one point I had screamed so loud Peppa lunged off the bed and raced around the bedroom. Every time, Judd was by my side and soothing me back to sleep. I hated that these nightmares were so vivid. That I could see Michael as he attacked.

I hated that Judd was alone in the barn unable to do anything, him hearing me scream and cry for help must have been terrifying for any man to witness.

Especially with a bond as strong as ours.

When my eyes fluttered open again, it was daylight and I could smell the porridge, bacon and eggs cooking. My nose inhaling the delicious scents of Judd's mother and her cooking.

Tilting my head, I lay there watching as he slept. So still and quiet, serene looking. He was truly handsome, nothing about him scared me. He was my protector.

"Is my wife hungry?" Judd smirked, keeping his eyes closed still.

I felt my cheeks blush at his voice and smiled. "Maybe a little, it smells really good."

"You smell better," he whispered back. Sliding over to me and giving me a good morning kiss. Once he opened his eyes, he stroked a finger over my cheek. "Did you sleep ok? Are you in pain?"

"I'm in a lot of pain and I slept awful, but with you here it made it better. I hate this, feeling this way. What if your entire pack thinks I did this, that it was my fault? I knew him, I just didn't realise I knew nothing about him," I sighed, rubbing my eyes as I pushed away the tears.

I was not going to cry today.

Judd swallowed and sat up more in the bed. "Elle anyone who thinks that can fuck off out of this town, you are not to blame and stand you thinking it is." Soon after a moments silence, he spoke again but softer this time. "Let's get you fed, then a hot shower should ease some pain. Nothing but bed rest Elle, I mean it baby. You're to stay resting until you're healed and feeling better."

"Will you play doctor with me?" I wiggled my brows as he walked around to my side of the bed and slowly helped me stand upright.

"I'll play with you," he winked, giving me a charming grin back.

Judd under my insisting declines, carried me down the stairs into the kitchen where everyone was already up. Theo here and sitting up with a coffee, gave me a smile as Judd sat my behind down on the bar stool and stood behind me. Wrapping his arms around my body and holding me closely.

Much to Judd's dismay, I had looked in the mirror and I could think was thank god I had concealer and foundation with me. My face was awful, how he could look at me and not cringe every time got me. I couldn't help but cringe at the sight, even my stomach was bloated and swollen up slightly from the broken bones and punch marks.

"Morning you two, sleep well?" Susan smiled, unfazed that we were crashing her home. "Hungry?"

I went to open my mouth when Judd answered for me. "She's starving, pile her up a plate of everything and she needs orange juice, no coffee."

"Judd," I tilted my head right back to look at him. "I'm going to be the size of an orange if you think I'm eating as much as you."

"I'll eat some of yours," he shrugged. Oh I knew he would, he could eat way more than I ever could. He lowered his voice, grazing his teeth over my ear. "I like the idea of you swollen and round Elle."

I didn't miss the glimmer of hope sparkling in his mother's eyes as she handed Judd a coffee, a knowing smile of her gearing up to be a grandmother soon. Yes woman, you got your way.