Chapter Six

Since I wasn't too excited about staying in Judd's Ute the entire time, I opted to stay in his home and watch TV until he returned. The channels, there was only four and I couldn't find anything decent to watch.

My phone was beside me, and my temptation got the better of me. Picking it up, I scrolled down and seen the clear message from Justin. - Please call me. I need to talk to you. I miss you.

That was typical. Of course he'd assume I was going to call and crawl back to him. Not a chance in hell. Not after everything. That bastard deserved nothing, nothing from me. Had he been honest, then I don't know. I don't think I could have still stayed with him knowing that he cheated or was cheating with me on her. He was sick in the head if he thought I missed him. When Judd were around, I didn't miss Justin at all.

I went back into his kitchen, pulling the tray from his oven. Being out here, it was inspiring me to cook and bake. The smell made my stomach grumble, and I blushed at how loudly. Until I realised that grumble hadn't come from my body.

There stood a man behind me, his arms crossed over his chest as he strode into the room and stopped walking as he came a few feet from myself. "You're in the Alp-" he blinked hard and rolled his head. Letting out three loud cracks, I winced and his eyes narrowed on mine again. "Why are you in here for?"

"I'm cooking," I said, he actually frightened me. He looked standoffish, but had the same build as Judd. Only he was shorter. Were all men in this town large and oozing power?

Sniffing the air, he scrunched his face up and stepped closer. I went to step backwards but his hand shot out and firmly grasped my shoulder. His nose still sniffing as he brushed it almost to my cheek. "You smell weird."

"Get your hands off me," I pushed him but he didn't move.

He laughed, "I heard there was a woman staying in Judd's place. I didn't believe Valerie when she told me though. She's been talking non-stop about you, kind of annoying."

"Valerie?" I asked, "Is she blonde and really thin?" Oh, she was the woman from last night. The one Judd scolded like a child.

"She's quite attractive, if you're into that," he said with an exasperated sigh. "Why are you staying here for and how long?"

Crossing my arms over my chest, I gave him my own unimpressed look. "Get out."

"Excuse me?" he asked, his eyes looking down my neck. "Nope, didn't think he had. Sorry, don't take orders from you."

"I will tell you one more time, get out or I will tell Judd you sniffed and touched me," I said, narrowing my eyes in on him. "He's very territorial at the moment."

The man in front of me glared, seeming not the bit fazed as I threated him. "Sweetheart. You don't scare me. From the moment you walked your pretty little ass into our bar, you didn't scare any of us."

I let out a shriek. He had some nerve, turning around. I grabbed the tons that were in the pot of boiling water as I used them to stir the pasta cooking. Spinning back around, I noticed he was about to grab a piece of the cake I had made. With his fingers of all things!

Without hesitation, I undone the tongs and snapped them around his arm.

"Ahh fuck!" he cried out, jerking his arm away. "What the hell?!"

"Keep your dirty paws off my food!" I snapped the tongs together again in the air, inches from him.

He held up his hands in defeat and broke out into laughter. "Shit, you're a fiery one. I can see why he's so taken with you."

"What? Why are you laughing for? Stop it!" I was so annoyed and confused. I had been expecting a completely different reaction from him. Not laughter.