Chapter Seventeen

Judd, didn't make me unable to walk. He was definitely close though. My thighs, killing me this morning as I walked down the street towards the small café where my brothers were meeting me for our family talk.

I hated these lectures, normally they all revolved around me getting told what a disappointment I had been and that I needed to start living my life with purpose. Not just taking it a day at a time. If my lovely Alpha mate had it his way, he'd be by my side and giving them intimidating snarls. Even baring his teeth was on his mind. Just to scare them a little.

The door chimes rang when I entered and I glanced around, my sky high wedges making me feel taller and ready to take on my brothers. I loved these shoes, so comfortable and pretty in a chunky sandal, aquamarine and gold with some roping in detailed stitching. They were extremely summery and had me feeling on top of the world. Judd had watched me slip them on, he won't admit it but I think he finds my heels and shoe collection a turn on.

This weather, it was growing on me. As much as I hated the heat back home, I loved it here. I could wear all these cute floral printed rompers that left my legs on full display. My tan was coming along nicely as I often sat outside, enjoying the sun as I done absolutely nothing.

Judd worked, and I didn't do a damn thing. That bothered me. I wanted to be doing something, as I mentioned last week. The reply I had received. Well baby, if you want to be useful. Sit on my cock and ride me. Typical male.

Sighing quietly to myself, the café didn't seat my brothers. Typical, they set the time and I'm here on time and before them.

"Luna, what a pleasant surprise," I heard, my eyes glanced up towards the front of the retro styled counter and I felt my heart race. Luna. That was still new to me.

I was told, do not tell them to call me anything else. They are showing respect. "Good morning," I said, feeling a little shy about being alone and near other wolves.

This was my first outing alone after all. I knew they wouldn't hurt me, not when they knew anyone who did would be slaughtered to death.

The name tag read Paula, she gave me a warming smile. "The Alpha not cooking your breakfast? Or is he joining you also?"

Letting out a laugh, I smiled shaking my head. "Actually, I'm meeting my brothers for breakfast. The Alpha was left with a plate of pancakes and a stack of bacon before I headed out. He cooking breakfast is about as rare as if he turned into a full human."

She tilted her head back and let out a loud laugh, clutching the violet apron around my midsection. "Oh dear, I have known that man since he was a young boy. Cooking was never a strong point for him, I'm glad someone other than his mother is keeping him fed. What can I get you my Luna?"

"Could I ask a favour?" I bit my lip nervously, I knew I shouldn't. But what the hell, I needed to ask this. "My brothers don't exactly know about this town and everything in it. Would you mind not calling me Luna in front of them? I don't want to raise any suspicions, they don't exactly agree to me being here."

Smiling, she nodded. "The Alpha has already warned me not to do so, take a seat dear. I will bring over some waffles, bacon and eggs for you. Scrambled, with a pot of maple syrup? Tea or coffee?"