Chapter Two

My head was pounding worse than ever.

I felt sick, my stomach aching on empty. I had no idea what had happened after I blacked out. I literally blacked out for what felt like eternity. The only reason I was thinking now was for the fact I could hear voices.

His voice, more specifically.

“Find him. I want to know who the fuck done this. How many times do I have to say it?” Judd snarled angrily at someone. Even though his voice was low, I could hear him clearly.

Someone else mumbled something and then a door was slammed shut. Oh god, I needed to get out of here. I couldn’t stay here. My heart dropped at the thought of my car, maybe it wasn’t as totalled as I had remembered.

I began to shift and some more murmurs were spoken. My eyes blinked open and I was laying down. Directly above me three men stood, staring down at me like some intriguing creature. Wondering what they were to do with it.

My eyes landed on his dark ones and I internally shivered. He still had that effect on me.

“Can you all stop staring, please?” I added the please in hopes they wouldn’t take me somewhere and skin my body alive.

They stepped backwards and I went to sit upright, a hand on my shoulder pushed my back down. “You’re not going anywhere. Don’t even think of getting up and moving,” Judd spoke with an authority to his voice.

“What if I need to stretch my legs or use the bathroom?” I asked, raising a brow at him.

His eyes narrowed as he bent down closer to my face. “You’re leg is sprained and I’ll carry you if you need to move anywhere.”

Oh god. My cheeks were blushing hard. I tried to avoid his gaze but it was impossible. “Can I have something for my head?” I asked quieter. The thought of his hands carrying my anywhere was too distracting.

He nodded and looked at one of the other men. “Steven, can you head into the kitchen. Top shelf on the right is something for her. Glass of water also.”

“You going to make me drink through a straw?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“You’re lucky to be alive right now. Keep your eyes from rolling again,” he growled. Stepping around the other way so I could look at him normally. “What in the fucking hell had you been thinking? Driving around at 2am and parking in front of a fucking gate! Do you not have any common sense at all?” he bellowed, making me jump. “You didn’t listen to a damned thing I said.”

My eyes filled with tears and I turned away from him. How dare he insinuate I was stupid. “You scared me into leaving this god awful town. It’s not my fault I got freaked out and kept feeling like a creep was following me. Don’t yell, I have a headache and I just want to leave. Call me a taxi or whatever the hell you have in the horse and cart town. I’m leaving.”

I wasn’t going to put up with being spoken to that way. If he thought I was going to sit down and listen to his orders then he had another thing coming.

He snorted. “You’re a long way from the city sweetheart, you’re not going anywhere until your legs healed and your car is repaired.”

My brows raised and I turned and looked at him again, ignoring his beautiful face. “My car’s ok?”

“It’s a write off. I’ll get something sorted for you,” he said quietly. Looking slightly pained as he bent down and brushed his thumb over my cheek, wiping away my tears. “You parked in front of that gate because?” he asked softer.

“I ran out of petrol and was lost. Excuse me if I didn’t expect some crazy thing to bang into my car and send it through the air. That would have never happened in the city,” I grumbled.