Chapter Forty Three

Chuckling, he cocked a brow, “Are you finished?”

“Not yet,” I pouted, dragging the spoon in the empty container of frozen yoghurt and trying to scrape up the last of it. With another pout, I tossed it into the trashcan as we walked past one. “Yes, I am but I didn’t want to be.”

Judd wrapped his left arm around my shoulders and pulled me in closer. “Would you like another one baby?” he asked, placing a kiss against my temple.

“Just a small one,” I said with a grin etching over my face. “We need to get like a gigantic tub of that for home, maybe two.” I was craving frozen yoghurt so bad right now.

We’d been walking around the park after having dinner together in the diner. There was no more talk of pack drama, up and coming battles or even the nuisance who was finally out of our home. Judd had put a ban on it all, just wanting to spend an evening enjoying each other’s company and focusing on us. It sounds pretty damn good to me, everything else could wait until the morning.

Halfway through my oven baked honey salmon, I realised something. It actually hadn’t occurred to me at first but Judd was taking me on a dinner date. Judd being Judd, denied it but that didn’t stop the smile spreading across his face and letting me know I was right. Tonight was a date night.

Judd pulled me to a stop and turned me into his chest, “You feel like going for a walk somewhere else? I know a place that I think you’d love. More private.”

“Somewhere private?” I asked, looking up at him. If he was taking me away for sex in public, then I wasn’t going to complain. My god, I was turning into a nympho. Blame it on my hormones.

“Yes,” he said quietly. “Right now.”

Taking my hand without further question, he led us back to the way of the car. There wasn’t another word spoken as he helped me into his ute and done my belt up for me. Kissing me and then going around to his side of the car and getting in.

The drive took at least fifteen minutes, I slowly began to fall asleep just as he parked the car on the side of the road and lightly tapped my thigh to wake me. “Baby. We’re here.”

Yawning, I glanced around out the window. I couldn’t see much except for paddocks with some sort of crop in them, not that I could see well from here. The large trees around the boarder blocked the view.

“Where are we?” I asked.

Ignoring my question, he took my hand and helped me up out of my seat. The warm breeze hitting me in the face, the nights here were beautiful and I was slowly accepting the heat. As much as I hated it before, it was actually nice here.

Judd kept his finger interlaced through mine as we crossed the road and began walking down a cobblestone pathway. It was like something out of a photo. So beautiful and a whimsical feeling. Judd tugged on my hand, leading me down towards another pathway and stopped once we came to a large iron gate with vines wrapping around it. Pulling out a key from his pocket, just slid the silver into the hole and unclicked the lock. I kept silent, still wondering what he was showing me.

“After you,” his words soft but yet still deep.

Walking past him, my eyes lifted and soon landed on the sight before me. Absolutely breathtaking.

Fields of vineyards were everywhere. The sun setting and covering the green with a glow of orange, yellow and pink. Large gardens following pathways with stunning colours of flowers bordering them. How had he not taken me here before? It was utterly gorgeous. My voice seemed to be caught in my throat, so much that I couldn’t bring myself to speak.