Chapter Thirty Seven

“You’re growing,” Judd stated when he walked in the bathroom, stopping and staring at me as I stood in the shower. “I can’t believe how fast.”

I looked down at my bump and ran my hands gently over it. “This past week it’s just popped out.”

That was more than true, my baby bump had come out far sooner than I expected and now we were having to make our announcement to the whole pack. It was making me so nervous, but I knew everyone was going to be gushing with excitement once they knew their pack leaders were expecting a child.

Or more correctly, a pup.

Pulling on the tank top, I pursed my lips as I then went to do my short up and let an annoyed groaning. “Judd. They’re too small.”

He walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist as he dried his hair with another. “Huh?” he asked then noticed my dilemma. “Oh I see. Uh, well I could ask mum to try alter them for you?”

“Judd! Not helping, she’d need to add material not take it out.” I pulled the shorts off and threw them down to the floor. Going back into the closet, I pulled out some black leggings and slid them on my leg one at a time. At least they stretched easily.

I couldn’t believe I had woken up with a little pot belly as Judd called it. He was extremely handsy and touchy feely. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but it made me all the more self-conscious. If I was this big already, then what would I be like full term.

He took one look at me as I walked back out and I could feel the happiness radiating from his body. “Elle, I always imagined what you would be like pregnant, but to see it. To see the child we made growing and your body changing, it’s incredible. Nothing can explain the feeling that’s going through my body right now.”

“You’re so sweet,” I smiled back with a slight blush. “I love that I’ve got a belly, and I’m showing. This is your pup in here and I want the whole world to know it.”

We had our first ultrasound today, and while Steven was confused at first to why we needed one. It was well understood why afterwards. My body was changing quickly and I was desperate to know how far along we were.

Judd did let out a growl when Steven placed his hand on my stomach. I had to reassure him over and over it was normal. Then stupidly brought up that he’d be the one standing between my legs as I pushed out a baby.

Judd was extremely close to shifting. Steven told me it was normal and that one wolf had to be held down as his wife was pushing out their pups. Twins, wow. I couldn’t even imagine the type of crazy Judd would go through it we were having two babies.

One was plenty, for now.

Staring at the screen, our ears were filled with the little pounding heartbeat as the picture on the screen moved about in somersaults.

“Is that it?” Judd asked, seeming to calm down instantly as he stood and lent over my body to get a better look at our baby.

“That Alpha, is your son. He’s growing, and rapidly. I’d say four months tops, and the Luna will be giving birth.”

My eyes almost bulged out of my head. A number of things ran through my mind. One, four freaking months… Two, how on earth do I explain this to my over protective brothers… and three, I was going to have our little baby in my arms in four months.

“Four months, fuck.” Judd blew out a long breath.

“Judd, we need to go shopping and get a baby room organised!” I said realising we had nothing at all ready for the impending arrival of the future Alpha.