Chapter Thirty-Four: Fixing Everything

Lizzie

Washington is okay. I guess this place we are at is called CDC. Carl told me that when the outbreak happened, the group had gone to the CDC in Atalanta but the man running it was pretty much suicidal and blew the whole place up. Now, this CDC is our only hope. They have told us that they think they might have what they need to fix everything. I highly doubt that but, who knows.

Mia is set thinking in nicely. We asked the head leader of CDC if he could keep her here. They're still debating about that.

"Lizzie, they have it!" Carl says as he walks into the room I am in.

"What?" I ask.

"They think that they have got it. Come on!" he says as he runs back to wherever he came from.

I stand up and jog behind him. I walk into a big room and see a handful of members of the CDC. They all have smiles on their faces and are calling people.

"Lizzie. We have finally got it." The head leader tells me. "We are pretty sure, not 100% sure, but it might have started in Mexico. A form of rabies. This form shuts down the brain and then turns it back on the way it wants the brain to. All memory is lost and only actions are enabled. We might be able to create a medicine, a vaccine, that will prevent you from contracting the rabies. Say, if you get bit, you will not turn. You'll just have a bloody wound."

"What do we do now?" I ask.

"We start working on the vaccine. Once we have successfully created it, we send it across the world. Then, we fight back."