Chapter Seventeen: Love Love Love.

Chapter Seventeen

Lizzie

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC SCENES SO IF YOU DONT LIKE GRAPHIC SCENES, DONT READ THEM

My chest aches from all of the walking. We haven't really talked about what happened when I got shot. I don't even know what happened. Carl told me I had turned but I didn't even know I did. Carl. I'm still scared he is going to die. I don't know what the dreams mean, still.

We are still walking on the tracks. When I . . . died . . . I felt weird. I still do. I feel different. I regret killing my only sister. I don't even know why I fed the Walkers. I understand them now. They want to kill me, not change me.

Rick stops us all in our path.

"Stay here." He tells us.

He walks off to the side and disappears into the woods. When he comes back out, he has a smile on his face.

"C'mon." He says.

We follow him into the woods and come upon a small house. The walls are wooden and bloody. There is a Walker limping towards us. Tyreese shoots it and it falls to the ground. Rick and Tyreese clear the house and we set our things down.

"We should stay here for tonight, tonight only." Rick says.

I walk around the house. It's a one bedroom house with a small kitchen and one bathroom. Carol and I have the bedroom and the rest of us are in the living room.

"We should hunt later on tonight." Tyreese suggests.

"Yeah. Lizzie, you're coming with us." Rick says.

"She should stay here." Carol says.

"Who would she stay with?" He asks.

"I'll stay." Carl says from behind me.

"Okay. It's settled." Rick says.

During the day, Carol and I go out to look for fruits. She tells me that she is sorry and I forgive her. I mean, she did kill me, but you have to forgive. When we get back to the house, it's about five o'clock.

"Let's head out," Rick announces,"Only shoot when you have to."

He looks at Carl and I when he says this. He gives Carl a look and then walks outside with Tyreese, Carol, and Judith.

I sit down on a lounge chair in the living room. Carl stands in front of me.

"What?" I ask him.

The only light in the house is the candles that are light everywhere in the house. This creates a dim, barely visible light.

"You're beautiful." He says.

"That's nice." I say.

I stand up and face him. He is about five inches taller than me, so his chin is at height with the middle of my forehead. I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers together. I look up at him and stare into his blue eyes. He leans over to me and kisses my lips. I kiss him back and place my hands on his waist. He pulls me close to him and I pull away. I smile and walk to the couch. He walks to me and hovers over me, forcing me to lie down. He collides our lips again and I place my hands on his neck. He removes his hat from his head and lies it on the floor.

I can't think of anything better than this. All I need is his love. And that's what I am getting.

***

I lie my head back and his lips trail down my neck. This is okay, right? No. It's not. I like it. I'm only fifteen . . . yet, it's the apocalypse, when will I ever get the chance to be a teenager again.