Chapter Two: The Governor

I sleep in peace before we are awaken by shouting.

"We need more people!" Rick shouts.

"What we need is more guns!" Daryl counters.

"What we need is security!" Maggie joins.

Mika is still asleep so I stand up and head downstairs. Everyone is in the first room, standing and yelling at each other.

"What's all the yelling about?" I ask Carol.

"The Governor." She says simply.

Who is that? I thought that all of the class 10 officials were dead?

"Who is that?" I ask.

"Before we came to the prison, we were at a farm house. At the farm house, a herd of Walkers came through. They took over the farm house and one of us were left there. Her name is Andrea. Michonne found her and took care of her through the winter. Then, when winter was over, they came upon a refuge town called Woodsburry. The leader of the town, that's the Governor. He is trying to take over the prison and kill us all because we killed some of his men when we got Glenn and Maggie back when they kidnapped them both." Carol tells me.

"Here is what we will do," Rick explains,"We are going to get out of here. That seems like the best idea we have."

"I'm in." Glenn says. Maggie nods her head to agree.

"Before we get out, we should just prepare, just in case. We'll start building some protection." Carol says, putting her hand on a mans shoulder. He looks like he was a prisoner.

"Sounds great." Maggie says.

I turn around and start walking towards Mika. When I walk up the stairs, I bump into someone.

"Sorry." I rush out.

"Sorry." He says. He looks at me with icy eyes and continues walking down the stairs. I stop in my steps. I look back down to find him. He wears a blue plaid shirt with a brown leather vest. A brown hat on his head.

I turn back around and get to Mika. She is still asleep on her bunk. I turn around and walk to the railing of the second floor. I rest my forearms on the cold metal. I take a sigh and enjoy a little bit of relaxation. That all ends when I hear a gun shot come from outside of the prison. I hear Carol's scream along with it. Then, a huge flood of gun shots sound. Mika runs out of our cell and holds my waist. Once I see a bullet come through the windows of the prison and get Mika inside the cell.

"Just wait here!" I scream over the guns. She covers her ears and closes her eyes. I run down the stairs to the first room. Only Beth, Judith, and Hershel are left in the building.

"It's the Governor." Beth tells me. I look around the room to try and find a gun. A pistol lies on the table. I run to it and grasp it in my hands. I run out the door, Hershel and Beth yelling behind me to stop.

The first thing I see is Carol lying on the floor, shielding herself with the man who looked like a prisoners' bloody body. I get out of my thoughts when a bullet almost hits my head. I hold up the gun and look to where it came from. There is a man on top of a tower, shooting in my direction. I hold it up to him and have my aim perfectly. If I shoot him, I will be doing him a favor. We could take him in and take care of him. So, I can't hit him in the head. I have my finger on the trigger, aimed at his chest. Before I can pull it, someone else does the job.

"Lizzie!" I hear Daryl call. I see him hiding behind a wall, waving his hand for me to come over to him. I run over and he swings his arm around my waist and pulls me to the wall.