Chapter Twenty: The Number Nine

Chapter Twenty

Carl

Nine months. Just like my mom. She'll die. I can't even imagine her dying. I've seen her die once, and it was terrible. I can't have her die and know I couldn't do anything to save her. I have to get rid of it. She can't give birth.

"When did this happen?" I hear my dad yell from outside.

"About two and a half weeks ago." Glenn says. My dad slams the door open.

"How could you do this!" He yells at me.

"I didn't know this would happen." I tell him.

"You know how this works!" He yells.

I actually do. I knew this would happen but i just hoped that something would go wrong.

"I'm sorry!" I yell.

"She is going to die like your mother!" He yells.

I stand up from my chair and walk out of the room. I need to find Lizzie. I can't have her pregnant. I run down the stairs and find her outside with Carol and Tara. I grab a knife and she looks at me.

"Hey. What are you doing?" She asks me.

I walk up to her.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

I drive the knife into her stomach and drag it down. Blood spills like a waterfall out of the gash. She places her hands on mine and I release the knife. She grips my hands and looks at me. I see my mom instead of Lizzie. I pull away from her and back away.

"Carl . . ." She trails off.

She falls to the ground and lies there for a few seconds. I can't.

I jerk up and gasp for air. The sun shines in my face and I put my hand up to cover the rays. I look around and view my surroundings. I'm in my room. Well, my room at Terminus. I stand up and walk out the door. I look down the hallway and see people walking around from the balcony. I walk down the stairs and try to find my dad. I need to tell him about Lizzie.

I walk into different buildings and can't find him. I open one wooden door and find myself in, what I guess, a hospital. I see Lizzie sitting on a bed on the far end of the room. Carol is with her and Lizzie seems to be crying. I run to her.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Lizzie is pregnant." Carol says.

I can't hurt her. But, I have to. It's either I cause a miscarriage, or I let her die. I can't hurt her though. How can I do this? Lizzie looks up to me and her tears are dried and her eyes are red. Carol smiles at us and leaves the room. I walk in front of Lizzie and place my hand on her knee.

"Carl, I'm scared." She sobs.

"I am, too." I tell her.

The door opens to the hospital and my dad rushes in. Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Tyreese follow him. They make their way to us. Tara looks at the very small monitor and gapes at it. Maggie sneaks a glance and looks down at her feet. My dad and Glenn's eyes go straight to Lizzie's stomach. Tyreese, he doesn't know what to do.

"Lizzie, we have to get rid of it." My dad says.

"I can't." Lizzie says.

"It's either we get rid of it, or you die."

"Then, my choice is pretty clear. I'd rather die." She says.

"Dad, can I talk to you?" I ask.

My dad nods and we walk to the other side of the room.

"We have to get rid of it." I say in a serious tone.

"Carl, you know that will be your child." He says.

"I know that. I don't care. She can't die. Not again." I say.

"Are you one hundred percent sure about this?" He asks.

"Yes." I tell him.

He sighs and walks away. He looks at Lizzie and leaves. Later on in the day, my dad, Tyreese, Michonne, and Glenn go out to hunt. Lizzie and Maggie help Mary clean clothes and I talk to Gareth, as he asked.

"I'm Lizzie's uncle." Gareth says.

"No wonder you're so protective." I laugh.

"I heard you and your father are planning on creating some sort of miscarriage." He says.

"How do you know?"

"Your dad asked if we have any abortion pills."

"I just don't want her to die."

"How do you know she'll die?"

"My mom died during labor."

"Let me ask you this, are you willing to kill your daughter or son? Just think . . . if your daughter or son were in the world on two feet right now, would you be willing to stick a knife in his or her head?"

I think about that for a moment. I never thought about it that way . . .

"No." I say.

"Well, let me tell you something, it's the same thing! Trust me on this Carl, we have many medical advances that other people don't. We can help her. She won't die."

I look up at Gareth. Lizzie needs to give birth. I have to believe and trust Gareth on this.

"Okay." I say.

Helloooooooo. Sorry for the wait :( we have 1.20K reads!! I'm really happy. I want to give a shoutout to @malia_4578 she goes to school with me and she is REALLY into this book. Like . . . REALLY. It's creepy. Jk. Sorry that this chapter is so short. Soooo . . . Lizzie . . . Pregnant . . . What do ya think???? Comment, vote, share, and follow me on Instagram @lala_luvee thanks for the shout out :)