Proposition

"Okay, I need to talk to Ken. Do you want to come with me?" Josh said as he shrugged into his coat. I looked at the cozy couch, and then back at him, and sighed.

"Yeah, I'll come," I moaned and got my coat on. We climbed into his truck.

"So, why do you need to talk to Ken?" I asked as we pulled out of the driveway.

"Well, I just want to talk to him about what you got told in your dream. I don't really know for sure what they meant about something familiar happening, but I have a suspicion," he muttered the last part, mostly for his benefit. I frowned.

"Well?" He looked at me, confused. I raised my brow. "What is your suspicion?" He sighed.

"Well, you know that I left Sean's Pack, and basically went rogue with my family before finding Ken?" I nodded. "Well, the reason we left is because someone we trusted betrayed us. We were getting ready to leave, and were going to leave within a fortnight, but someone, I won't say who, betrayed us, and told Sean we were leaving. so we were forced to leave earlier than expected, and didn't get a chance to bring anything with us almost. We only brought food, clothes, and a couple other stuff, family things." I nodded, following his thought.

"So you think by saying something familiar will happen, that they mean you will be betrayed by someone you love or trust?" He nodded, and I hugged him, as well as I could while wearing a seat belt.

"It's okay, I won't ever betray you," I joked, and he chuckled, kissing my cheek.

"I know you won't." We lapsed into silence after that.

Josh looked at me.

“Have I ever told you the reason we left?” He asked suddenly. I frowned.

“Well, you said that you guys’ left because he wasn’t treating you fair, and you didn’t like him, and he ruled with force, not power yadayadayada,” I said, and he smiled.

“Yeah, well, there’s another reason too. Carlo had a brother okay? Follow me here,” I nodded and he continued.

“Anyways, Carlo had a brother named Jin. He was gay, or so he said. I’ve never told anyone this, only our family knows. I had a brother too, named Derin,” I looked at him shocked, and he nodded.

“I know,” he said, but I interrupted him.

“So where is he?” I asked, and he shook his head.

“Let me finish the story. I’ll tell you. So,” he started after I got quiet, “He was gay too. My brother. And it turns out my brother liked Carlos’ brother. Which Carlo DID NOT like at all. He forbid them to be together, and it broke my brothers heart. We were fine with it, but didn’t like Carlo even then. I was only six, but I understood mates.

“Him and Jin were mates, and so if they couldn’t be together, they’d rather die. They met up in secret and planned. They didn’t tell anyone, not even me what they were going to do,” by this point, Josh was a little teary-eyed. I hugged him.

“So…one night, while there was a pack meeting, they shifted into their wolves…” he drew in a breath, and looked into my eyes. “They died by each other’s side. But right before they died, they howled, telling us where they were and what they did. They poisoned themselves. With rat poison,” he sobbed, and I just held him close.

 “Carlo thought it was Derin’s idea. So, instead of kill us, he made us work. He punished us by beating my mom, my dad. Never me, because even then I was strong, for a six year old. He was twenty one, but I never let him get close, knowing what he was. I bit him; I snapped at him, I almost killed him in a rage once when he wasn’t looking. But it never happened. My parents didn’t let me kill him. They let him live. Then we planned to run away, because my mom was getting tired, and weak. My dad didn’t tell anyone, except for one friend, who was supposed to help us. But he was the one who betrayed us. I didn’t know what he looked like, but I got a name.  Henri Stevens,” he finished, and it was silent. We didn’t talk, only sat together in understanding and love.