It's Over

Sam's POV

            Me and Josh weaved back and forth between each other, always watching the three of them. We were silent on the outside, but on the inside it was a swirl of emotions.

            "What happened to you? I felt you getting hurt, but now you're...you don't even have a scratch on you!" Josh said, and I mentally surveyed my body, realizing he was right. I growled.

            "I don't know. When I shifted finally, I felt a surge of Power, and everything melted away, including the hurt I was feeling. I guess somehow I got healed. Maybe it's magic, this bond between us, I don't know." I felt him thinking about that, and accept it.

            "We'll talk later," he promised. I agreed and focused on Ashton. He grinned wolfishly at me, not nicely, and I growled back.

            "When?"  I asked Josh, and he replied with a, "soon. As soon as Trevor attacks me, then we can fight." I was puzzled. How did he know Trevor was going to go after him? Maybe since he knew him from before.

            I wasn't watching, and when I heard a snarl, it jolted me back to reality, in time to see Trevor launch himself at Josh, and Kain and Ashton came after me. I felt the same Power build up in me, but this time it felt different. I felt everything Josh was feeling, and was aware of everything. I knew there was a bird in its nest that just came back from hunting for food, and that every wolf was watching us to see what was going to happen. Awareness flooded every inch of my being.

            I also felt Karen here, and that made me confused. If she was here, was she helping her father? But I decided I would worry about that later.

            Everything slowed, and I felt my tattoos connect, and everything felt...right. Like I was meant to use this Power for this very reason. Josh's Power also joined mine, and I could tell he felt the same things I was feeling, then same energy boost, awareness. All of it.

            I looked to Ashton, who I decided was first. I pinned my ears back and snarled, launching myself through the air to land on his back. I raked my claws down his side, giving him a deep gash. I tore at his neck, making him yelp and buck me off.

            Hitting the ground, I was aware of not feeling anything. He backed me up against the wall, cornering me. He was joined by Kain, who was on my other side. I swiveled my head to keep them both in my sights.

            Kain moved first, his body crashing into mine, rolling head over heels, snapping at my head and trying to get a grip on me. I shook him off, but he got right up in my face, snapping at my snout. I instinctively reared back and fell headfirst into Ashton, who landed on top of me.

            I scrambled up, breathing hard, wishing my fighting would kick in. I guess I can't turn it on and off. I felt my back leg drag a bit, and when I turned to look at it, it was twisted weirdly. I couldn't feeling anything.

            Taking advantage of me being distracted, Ashton and Kain pressed their advantage, snapping at my legs and face, making me cringe. I felt myself run into a wall, and I was pressed up against it, with them touching me. Their jaws were close to my face, so close I could see the saliva dripping from their huge fangs. Not lying, they were pretty big wolves. The two of them were almost twice my size, but I was bigger than either of them.

            I realized that just because I was a woman, they thought they could beat me. Granted, I was currently belly-down in mud, cowering under the scum of the universe(them), but I could be so much more. I need to be so much more, for Josh.

            Just like last time, I felt the world slow, and I stood up. Their eyes followed me, but slowly. I leisurely head butted Kain, and he went flying, crashing into Trevor, who had a chokehold on Josh. Josh got up and without hesitating, ripped out Kain's throat. I heard a gurgling sound, and then he was still.

            I turned back to face Ashton, and he looked scared, but he kept coming, growling and creeping close to the ground, eyes always on me. I narrowed my eyes and glared at him, flattening my ears at him, warning him off. He didn't take any notice of my threatening posture, and jumped. I ducked, but he didn't want to land on me; he wanted Josh!

            I whipped around faster than he could move, and snapped my jaws, just catching his tail between my teeth. He howled, and flipped around to challenge me. I circled him, and darted forward to hit his side, where he had a gash from my claws I gave him earlier.

            He roared, and that was like a signal, because all of the other wolves started fighting with renewed vigor. I saw Ker and Emily get taken down by two big grey wolves, who were then knocked over by two white wolves I didn't recognize. I felt Ashton behind me, so I turned around just in time to get a bite taken out of my neck.

            I howled, because I certainly felt that, and he growled victoriously, stepping over me. I was under him, lying on the ground, wondering why no one from the packs were helping me and Josh. Maybe they recognized that this was our fight. But still, it would be welcome.

            I grabbed his left front leg in my mouth and pulled, making him fall on me. I rolled over so I was on him, my dripping jaws over his neck, him cowering under me, and that was then end of it. My jaws descended, ending yet another life. But I couldn't bring myself to regret it, especially when I glanced over and saw Josh standing over two bodies.

            I wonder what the humans will think when they see this carnage. I felt myself being lost in my wolf, so I reined her in, with difficulty. She tasted blood, and wanted more. I wouldn't let her. I felt my body slowly untense, and my muscles unknotted. I slowly walked over to Josh, and rubbed my muzzle against his, almost purring. But I was NOT a cat.

            Was there something we were forgetting? I glanced around, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember what or who it was. I just felt like all the fighting should end, and end it did. Me and Josh stood up to our full height, me a couple inches above him, but us both a good head taller than everyone else.

            Slowly, the fighting ceased, all eyes on us. Josh took a step forward, and all the enemy pack wolves took a collective step back. He met everyone's eyes, and the area resonated with his mental words.

            "I will not hurt anyone who leaves, unless they try to hurt someone I love or care about, which is all who are here against you. You fight, you die. You run, you live. If you know what's best for you, you'll leave and never see us again. Trust me, if you don't, you'll be living in hell forever. Now go," He growled, and slowly all the enemy wolves lowered themselves to the ground and slunk away, growling at whoever was in their way, but not fighting.        

            Everyone who was left came and crowded around us, yelping, grinning, howling, and licking. Jake, Tom, Rob, Steve and George all rubbed up against me, saying it was good to have me back. I saw Jerry and Victoria, Josh's parents, standing silently with mine, Frank and Lilly. I saw dad's friends Cam and Jack also here.

            A few wolves I didn't recognize, But was told by Josh that he recruited some from school, and whole pack, and a few strays, like this kid named Damian, and Karen. After I kind of threatened her after the fight, Josh kindly explained that she wanted to help to make up for all her dad did, and silly me, I believed her. Didn't make me like her any more, but I understood.

            I looked to Josh, and he met my eyes, seeing my desire there. His was just as recognizable, and we both wanted the same thing. We faced everyone and howled.

            "Let's go home!" The shout made everyone howl and bolt out towards home. Towards our home.

~~~