Mates, forever, and always

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend on here, Clueless_Romantic, for being awesome. I too, am looking forward to eating and writing together haha, I'll meet you halfway :) We shall, we shall support each other, and check out her book, Hiding in the Deep, it's really very good. It's original and I like it very much, she's a great writer :)

~~~

I groaned and rolled over, bathing in the one patch of moonlight that shone through the window. I felt Josh beside me, and then i remembered why I woke up. The dream. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply.

"Flashback*

I was stretched out in the sun when it was blocked. I opened my eyes a crack, glaring at the person who dared disturb my solace, but it quickly changed into a look of fear when I recognized Trevor and Ashton. They smirked.

"Hey baby, are you the sun? Cuz you're smokin' hot," Ashton winked at me, and I cringed.

"What do you want?" I asked, knowing full well. They leaned in, crowding me and pushing me flat on my back.

"Well, we were just wondering where our other pack member is. You didn't hurt him, did you?" They glared at me, and it scared me how alike they were. I swallowed.

"I dunno," I lied through my teeth, and they looked at each other and laughed.

"Aw, she's denying beating the pulp out of our pup. How sweet of her." They suddenly lunged toward me and grabbed one arm each. I struggled, but I was no match for two full grown weres.

"Let me go! If you already know, why bother me?" They rolled their eyes at me.

"Well, isn't it obvious? We've come for your answer to our proposition. So...What's it gonna be sweetie? You come with us, or we hamstring all you love and post their heads in front of your doorstep?" I cringed at the image of my parents staring at me, their faces saying, "it's all your fault." I closed my eyes, already knowing what my answer was.

"No," I whispered. They threw me down, and Trevor sat on top of me.

"No?" he growled, and I shivered. I shook my head.

"No." He threw back his head and laughed.

"Well, there goes any chance of us liking you. We could never like someone who tossed everyone they love under the bus," he shoved himself off me, and paced back and forth. He grabbed my arm again and hauled me up.

"Is that your final answer?" he sneered in my face, and I shook my head.

"No. It's not." I spit in his face. He slowly reached up and drew his hand across my cheek, digging in his nails. I winced, but didn't flinch.

"Oh little tiger, what we are going to do to you, and those you love," He spat on the ground at me feet as he drew away. I stood shakily as he grabbed Ashton's arm and walked away. Just before he disappeared, I heard him whisper, "Beware."

*End of flashback*

I rubbed a hand over my eyes, whimpering.

I suddenly sat up straight. I know what I have to...no, what I want to do. I gazed over to Josh, and smiled lovingly. I gently shook him awake, and pivoted my body so I was lying flush against him, on top. He groaned sleepily, a part of him already coming awake.

"What is it Sam? What's wrong?" He whispered groggily, sitting up, only to find me sitting on him instead. I flushed, glad it was dark.

"I want to. I've made up my mind. I love you." I bent and kissed his neck, and he growled, the vibrations sending shock waves through me now that I've made up my mind. I purred, or that's what it felt like, giving his neck a gentle bite, and pulled the skin in between my teeth. He stilled, and then pushed me away gently. He gazed into my eyes, serious for a moment. I gazed back.