Dominant

Could you guys maybe drop a couple comments after you're done reading, just to let me know how you liked this chapter, or with constructive things to say? I'm thinking of getting this published, so I need all the help I can get :) tell me what you think

~~~

I felt my wolf howl in sorrow and pain when we reached the spot I felt Sam was last in trouble. There was no sign of her. Shit.

I hopped out of the car, trying to distinguish one...any scent I knew. I caught a faint whiff of something that triggered my memory, but it left as fast as it came. I hung my head. I should have been with her and not worrying about keeping her in lock-down. By drinking, no less. I laughed humorlessly at myself, at how I thought that me drinking would keep her out of trouble.

I snarled as someone approached me, but it was only Rob. He put his large hand on my shoulder, and I didn't shrug it off. Not for a few seconds anyway.

I walked over to a bench and sat on it, smelling Sam. She sat here, with another person who I couldn't make out, but still...that familiar smell...

"I'm sorry Josh, but she's gone," Jake said shamefully as he sat down beside me. I turned to snap at him and he recoiled.

"How can you say that!? You have Tina, you know what it's like to have your mate! Can you imagine it if you lost her?" he cowered, shaking in fear. He shook his head no, and I sighed, sitting back up from my looming position over him. I wasn't even his Alpha yet he feared me. I didn't have that much power over my friends...did I?

"There's nothing we can do," Rob murmured from my side. I felt my hands shake in defeat. I don't know what happened. Tom, Rob's twin, came up on my other side. i started, not hearing him approach.

"It's going to be okay. You'll figure something out." I shook my head, and then froze. Something caught my eye. I slowly stood up and walked to the far side of the clearing. I reached down and picked up and object, maybe the only object that could help me.

"Sam's phone," I whispered. I whipped my body around and ran to the car.

"Rob, we need to go see Emily. Now." He complied, driving at breakneck speed, knowing my mate's life was on the line. I sat back. Hopefully Emily can help me.

~~~

Emily swiveled around in her chair. Let me explain. Emily is in Ken's pack, she's kind of like the techy girl, who everyone goes to with help from electronics. She's a gray and white specked wolf, who's very pretty, but shy. She sighed, and I perked up instantly. In Emily talk, a sigh is good.

"So, what did you find out?" I asked excitedly, and she laughed.

"Well, I found out who her last call was...." she bit her lip and I almost shook her.

"What else?" I said anxiously.

"Well, I also retrieved a copy of the recording from the conversation..." she didn't get a chance to finish, because I grabbed her up in a bear...wolf hug and spun her around, kissing her cheek.

"Oh my gosh, I love you so much!" i put her back down when George, one of my buddies, stepped forward and mock-growled, but I knew he meant it. I backed away smiling. They're mates.

"So, can we hear it?" I asked excitedly, and she frowned.

"Now, here's the weird thing. She called a number twice, but the first one only lasted three seconds. And then five seconds later she called back. Sort of like she was anxious of talking to this person. Now I did get the second conversation, but it's sort of jammed, so some things might not make sense or are muffled. I did my best," she shrugged.