Battle Plan

Sam’s POV

I slowly sat down on the edge of the chair, my mind racing.

“Why is Penny here?”

She stood up and came towards me, sitting down beside me. I looked at her, wondering what’s going on.

“Penny, could you please tell me what the hell you are doing here!?” I finally said, after a few minutes of silence. She shifted in her seat and crossed her arms.

“They took me. They saw me when I was walking home from school two days ago, and they pulled up beside me and took me.” To anyone who didn’t know her well, she seemed like she didn’t care at all about what she was saying.

But I was her friend, one of her best friends. And I could tell that it was eating her up inside by the way she chewed her bottom lip, and sucked in her right cheek. Also by the way she held her left elbow, massaging the bone she broke when she fell in soccer.

No one else would know that she’s missing her family or anyone else, but me. And suddenly I was sorry that I haven’t talked to her in a while. When we get out of this, and we will, I will take her everywhere she wanted to go, to make up for ignoring her in favour of my mate. It shouldn’t be an excuse to ignore my best friends, who need me.

“Wow, do your parents know?” She shook her head. I rolled my eyes. Figured.

I turned to the hot guy that gave me clothes, or something.

“What’s your problem?” I snapped, and he jumped. He gazed at me, and I stared him down, mentally telling him to give me info.

“W-well, um, she is here because we needed her in case you didn’t…take them up on their offer,” he stuttered, and I smiled sweetly.

“Thanks sweetie, go away.” I shooed him, and he slowly shuffled out the door, constantly glancing back at us. I winked and he blushed, closing the door fast. I swiveled to face a gaping Penny.

“Uh, what was that?” she asked me, and I shrugged.

“I wanted some privacy. Is that a problem?” I told her, and she shook her head.

“No, I just wondered…how you did that. But it doesn’t matter. So, why are you here?” she leaned on the table, chewing a piece of bacon. I shrugged and picked up a pancake from the table and nibbled on it.

“Well, I am here to save you, since you are here now. And to hopefully kill Carlo while I’m at it,” I told her nonchalantly, and she spit her water everywhere. She looked up at me with huge eyes.

“What did you just say?” she questioned, and I smiled.

“I said, I’m here to get you out, and to kill Carlo, the…leader, who had them kidnap us,” I said, and she stared at me, and then looked away.

“Yeah. Not gonna happen. He has guard dogs stationed everywhere.” I snorted. If only she knew.

“Well, then I’ll kill them too,” I stated, and she shrugged.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” She went back to eating her breakfast. What would help me sleep at night is a certain wolf-boy beside me, breathing into my ear and smelling my hair. I smiled. We will get out. Soon. I took a sip of my coke, and thought it kinda tasted a little bit flat and thick as it slid down my throat, but that just probably means it's old.

I jumped up when the three people I didn’t want to see ever again appeared and walked through the doorway. I smothered a growl.

They all smiled at me, except for Kain. He growled at me, and fixed a glare on me that I ignored. He’s a stupid were. They all are, and they have no power over me. But then the one person that could very well have all power over me also walked through those doors.