Found

Sam's POV

I opened my eyes to the smell of cooked bacon, sausage, and pancakes. I looked up into the green eyes of my mate, Josh, and smiled happily, having found a part of myself I was missing.

"Hey baby, how do you feel?" Josh asked, me, grinning. I yawned, stretching my arms above my head.

"Great, I feel...completed. Like I found a part of myself." He nodded, understanding.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I was ten when I found my wolf, or he found me rather, and since then I've loved every minute of it," he snuggled closer to me, and I sighed happily. This is where I belong.

I suddenly opened my eyes. After last night, I've made up my mind.

I have to tell him.

Josh's POV

"Josh...there's something I have to tell you," Sam said, pushing herself up to a sitting position. I frowned. What did she mean, talk? Oh I hope it's not "the talk". That wouldn't do.

"Yesss?" I stretched out the s, nervous. her eyes crinkled as she smiled.

"Don't worry, it's not about...that," she giggled when i relaxed.

"So, what's it about?" I asked, pulling her into my arms, nestling my head into her shoulder.

"Well, it's...about Kain, Trevor and Ashton." I froze up. What about them? I turned her so she was straddling my lap, facing me. She blushed, but I was focused only on her.

"Did you have another dream?" I said seriously, and she hesitated, biting her lip. I growled at her, my Alpha asserting himself. Wait a minute, Alpha? I'm not Alpha, that's Ken. I shook my head, pushing my wolf back.

"You are not an Alpha!" I shouted bitingly to him, and he retreated, whining. I was sorry to be so rough but I didn't need him like this right now.

"This is about the first dream. There's something I didn't tell you," she whispered, and I felt a stab of hurt in my gut. Did she not trust me?

"Well, I didn't want to say this, after what happened with Kain, but it has to do with him. In my first dream, they said, to quote them,

"We will find you and offer you  proposition. If you reject it, your love will be destroyed. Your love is like a flame we can snuff out at any moment, and will not hesitate to do so if you don't comply. Be on your guard, because we are coming for you, and anyone you care about."

She told me, and I tensed up.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I growled, shaking, making my wolf whine with worry over his mate.

"I didn't want you to worry. And then there's the second dream. Don't interrupt," she protested when I opened my mouth, nodding when I closed it.

"So, basically, it was Trevor and Ashton who came into my dream, and told me they knew about Kain and what happened to him. Kain, when we were in the truck, proposed something to me, this is the proposition I mentioned. It was to come meet their Alpha, I don't know why they would want that. So they asked me what my answer was," and at this point, she grew quiet. I nudged her, kissing her neck.

"And?" I pushed, and she sighed, gazing straight into my eyes.

"They said if I refused, they would kill everyone I cared about! And Josh, you know what?" she sobbed, and I started rubbed her back.

"what?" I whispered, and she wiped her face.

"I refused," she whispered, making me freeze. She refused? I was ready to yell at her for saying yes, because how could she refuse! Her family and everyone else was in danger. Why did she say no?