Focus

School was a bore, i don't even know why I wanted to go in the first place. I should have just stayed home and planned the party, but it will work out just fine anyway.

~~~

I laughed as we walked through the door, me leaning heavily on Josh.

"That was hilarious!" I giggled. Obviously, the party went as expected. Jake couldn't tear his eyes off Tina in her little black dress, and the feeling was mutual. I saw the same look in Jake's eye that was in Josh's, but I don't think anything happened. Josh took care of that. I smiled as I remembered.

*FLASHBACK (two hours ago)*

"I need to talk to you," Josh murmured to Jake as he spotted Tina. Jake growled at him and started after her, but Josh grabbed him and dragged him into an empty room. Jake rubbed his face.

"I don't know why I'm feeling like this. Why am I feeling like this Josh?" he pleaded, and Josh let go.

"Well, you know the way I was behaving at my birthday party?" Jake nodded. "Well, the same is happening to you. I found my mate that night, and luckily, you have found yours. Do you remember Sam's friend Tina?" he nodded. "Well, She's your mate. You have these urges to go to her and be with her, a lot stronger now that you're eighteen. So don't overdo it and scare her away, take it slow. You might have to fight your wolf, it might be hard, but you have to refrain from...marking her or...uh, having sex," Josh whispered the last part, and Jake blanched.

"B-but I'm not ready for THAT! Why would I have to urge to...you know?" Josh rubbed his face.

"i think it had something to do with hormones, you see her, you know she's your mate, you want to mark her. Simple. But you can't do that without her consent or it could be, metaphorically speaking, messy." Jake nodded.

"Okay, so don't mark her or overdo it or...have...yeah, got it," he ran away, and Josh turned to me.

"He didn't even look at you," Josh said, and smiled. "That proves, without a doubt, that he's focused on Tina, and they're mates," he hugged me. "Now let's go PARTY!" he shouted, and I ran with him chasing me into the house.

*END FLASHBACK*

I sighed as I woke up feeling Josh beside me. My eyes opened, and I saw him staring at me smiling. I smiled back.

"Hey sleepyhead. How was your night?" He kissed my forehead and I yawned. I turned over and got up to get dressed.

"Okay. I had this weird dream," I said as I pulled my shirt over my head. He was suddenly beside me.

"what kind of dream?" he asked suspiciously, and I shrugged.

"It was just a dream. But, Trevor, Ashton, and Kain visited us and was telling me all these things about demons, and how we should watch our backs. Nothing really." He spun me around to face him.

"Tell me everything," he growled, and I glared at him.

"what is the matter with you!? It was just a dream!" I shook his arm off me and strutted into the kitchen fuming. Trust Josh to blow things out of proportion. He ran in after me.

"There's still so much you don't know, and don't need to know yet, but there's one thing you should know now." I stood facing him and tapping my foot impatiently. He rubbed his face and yawned, then looked at me.

"If you have a dream that any wolf contacts you or just dream you see them, you need to tell me. Because it could very well be real. They can communicate with us, even if we don't want to talk to them. It's just the way we are." I sat down after pulling cereal from a cabinet, and reached for the milk that was conveniently out.

"Okay, so what? Maybe they're trying to throw us off. I don't see the problem," I said, and he sighed.

"just tell me what they said." I turned to face him.

"Fine. They said that if we didn't watch our backs, something familiar would happen, not that I know what that means. They also said this demon is stronger than usual? and that she can twist anyone to her ways if we're not careful," I spooned a bite of cereal into my mouth. Josh had a vacant look on his face. Even when I waved my hand in front of his face, he didn't blink.

"Hellooooo?" I sang to him, and he stirred. He looked at me, his eyes glowing green.

"What was that about?" He shook his head.

"I was talking to Ken," he said, and I frowned.

"You mean, like, telepathically?" He nodded. "Cool. Can I do that?" He shrugged.

"Probably, If you focus a bit, but it takes time if you're not used to it, and your wolf has lied dormant for a while. We don't know how that affects people." I nodded, agreeing.

"Well, can we try?" I hoped, and he smiled.

"I guess. For you, it might not be as easy as me, since I have known them...forever. And you just have known about them for what? two weeks?" I nodded.

"So, it's not easy because you don't just try to mindspeak them, you have to picture them, and what they look like, and send a stream of words to them. So, try it with me first." He stood, and I closed my eyes, picturing Josh. Cute, wolfy, hot Josh with his hair blown back. I giggled because he was making faces at me.

"Focus," Josh whispered. I focused and sent a thought to him. "Like this?" I said, and he smiled. I opened my eyes.

"Yeah, just like that. Wow, if only new wolves were as easy to teach as you," he joked, and I laughed.

"Now, who should I start with?" I asked, and he thought for a minute. Then he got an evil smile on his face. I smiled too, because I knew who he would suggest.

"How about Jake?" We said at the same time, and it cracked us up. I stopped laughing, and closed my eyes again. I pictured Jake, what he looked like, stood there for a moment, then extended a thought towards him. Well, more of a shout.

"HEY PRETTY BOY! YOU UP YET!?" I giggled when the Jake I pictured lying down bolted up and fell off the bed. At the same time I opened my eyes, I heard a thump from upstairs.

I turned to Josh. "I think I made him fall out of bed. It was priceless, I even saw him look shocked before he fell," I giggled, but stopped when Josh looked at me funny.

"What do you mean, saw him fall out of bed?" I cleared my throat.

"well, when I pictured him, I saw him lying down with Tina beside him, and I spoke and he fell out of bed. When I pictured you, I saw you standing up and making faces at me," He was still looking at me.

"Why, is that not normal?" He shook his head to clear it.

"No, no, that's cool. Not many kids can do that, especially on their first try. You're really something special," he came over to me and kissed me. "I'm glad I found you," He whispered, his lips on mine. I smiled and kissed him back.

"Me too."