Evil plans

I was walking to the car, when I felt something. I snapped my head up and looked to the right. I saw cold empty eyes, and a face that I recognised. It was Kain. I narrowed my eyes at him, and I felt like growling, but I didn't. He smirked at me and waved. He seemed...different. Darker. Like something changed him. But that's just me.

I felt a whisper of wind and strong arms wrapped around me. I leaned back into Josh and sighed.

"What were you looking at?" He wondered, and I looked back to the trees, but Kain was gone.

"I thought I just saw...uh, never mind." I smiled up at him, and kissed him softly. He smiled back, and walked me to the car.

"We have school tomorrow. Do you want to go?" He asked, and I looked over at him, nervous.

"Yeah, I guess so. We can pretend it's normal, right? And we've skipped a lot. The school can't be happy about that" I said, and he agreed.

"Oh I need to tell you something. Steve and George broke up with your friends today, so I think you'll be getting tear calls tonight." I laughed. Tear calls, really?

"Okay, I will prepare for it," I teased, and he laughed.

Okay, let's head home." He put his arm around me and walked me to the car.

~~~

"And then..he just said I can't do this anymore, and he broke up with me!" Penny bawled over the phone. I tried to be sympathetic, but I found it hilarious. I don't know why. Maybe because I have Tina on the other line, and she's doing the exact same thing! I giggled.

"What's so funny?" Tina demanded as I switched the phone. I shook my head, giggling again because she couldn't see it.

"Nothing," I said innocently. She made a huffing noise that said she didn't believe me.

"Do you want to come over and drown your sorrows with Ben and Jerry's with Penny and me? I'm at Josh's house, but he won't mind you guys coming over. Penny got broken up too." I told her, and she sniffled.

"Sure, I'll be over right away." I hung up and repeated the offer to Penny and she agreed too. Now I just need ice cream. I thought for a bit.

"Josh, can you run to the store and get ice cream!?" I yelled down the stairs, and Josh came barreling up to his room where I was.

"Why do you need ice cream?" He asked suspiciously. I gave him my puppy dog eyes.

"Penny and Tina are coming over to drown their sorrow in ice cream, and I don't have any ice cream to drown them in!" I wailed, and his eyes softened.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Dad, watch her please," He called, and headed out the door.

"So, who are you drowning in ice cream?" Jerry, Josh's dad, asked as he swung through the door. I giggled.

"Me and the girls are going to drown their sorrow in ice cream because both of them got broken up by Steve and George." He nodded, understanding.

"So, what movie are you going to watch? I'm no expert, but I do know there's always a movie and ice cream involved." He sat down on the couch, and I frowned.

"I don't know. Do you have any good movies for a break-up?" He shrugged. He looked back to the kitchen, and sure enough a couple seconds later...

"I think you guys should watch The Notebook. Ryan Gosling is a god." Victoria, Josh's mother shouted. I giggled, and looked at Jerry. He smiled back at me.

"There you go. Watch that one." I went to get it, and a couple minutes later, the girls walked in side by side. They both were holding kleenex's, and I motioned them to sit down.

Josh came in the door with a grocery bag, and gave it to me. There were three tubs of ice cream. I smiled up at him.

"I love you." I mouthed, and he smiled. He made a heart with his two hands, and backed out of the room. I heard two sighs and looked over at my girl friends. They were looking longingly after Josh.

"Why can't I find me a man like that?" Tina sighed, and promptly blew her nose. Loudly.

"Let's watch the movie!" I plopped down, and pressed play.

~~~

"I hate how her parents tried to keep them apart!" bawled Penny, and I smiled. Taken care of.

"I know, and it's so..." Tina trailed off, and I glanced up. I remember hearing the door open, and sure enough, a few of Josh's friends stood there. Tom, Steve, Rob, and Jake. It seemed Tina couldn't take her eyes off of Jake, and from the look on his face, the feeling was mutual. I smiled. This could work.

"Tina, Penny, these are a few friends of Josh. Rob, Tom, Steve, and Jake." I said, pointing to the correct person. Penny waved at all of them, but Tina just stared at Jake. I looked at the other guys, and they were watching Jake, grinning broadly. I suddenly started. Could they be mates? I stared at Steve until he looked at me, and I motioned to the two oblivious children. He smiled and nodded. I pumped the air, and Penny looked at me weirdly. I cleared my throat, and obviously everyone but a certain two people looked at me.

I think we should all go into the kitchen. Now." They all filed out, and I stayed behind. I walked over to Tina, and stood in front of her. She blinked, like she just realised I was there, and gazed around.

"Where did everyone go?" She asked, sounding sleepy. I glanced at Jake, and he was blinking. I hid a smiled.

"They left. Now, if you would excuse me and Jake..."I trailed off as I grabbed Jake and pulled him, or tried to, into the next room.

I stood in front of him and crossed my arms.

"How old are you?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Seventeen." I nodded. Figures.

"So, when's your birthday?" I guessed soon.

"Tomorrow." I nodded, satisfied. I smiled at him.

"Well, congrats mate, you found your...well, mate." I giggled. He looked confused.

"What?" He asked, puzzled. I sighed.

"Don't you know? You and Tina? My friend in there who couldn't take her eyes off you, and you couldn't tear your eyes from her?" He was still confused. I threw my hands up.

"Wait until tomorrow then. It'll hit you soon enough." I suddenly came up with an evil idea.

"Yes. In fact," I stated, and he suddenly looked very scared, "I will personally throw you a birthday party. At my house, tomorrow at seven. Be there. Everyone else will, so don't worry about it." I smiled, and skipped out of the room.

I ran into the kitchen, and everyone was sitting at the table eating. I looked, and they were having lasagna. Yum. I looked at Josh. I crooked my finger at him, and he stood up. I led him outside. I turned around with an evil smile on my face, and he slowed down.

"What are you planning?" He asked me warily. I waved off his concern.

"You don't need to worry, it's all taken care of. You know, Jake's birthday is tomorrow." He nodded and I continued. "Well, I have a feeling he is going to be very...bothered tomorrow. Kind of like you and me on your birthday?" I raised my eyebrow, hoping he would ask me.

"And? What do you mean? Come on woman, don't stall and tell me!" I smiled.

"Tina and Jake are mates." I stated, and his eyes widened.

"Really?" I nodded, and he sighed, smiling.

"Good. He needs someone like her to keep him in line," he joked, and I laughed.

"So yeah, the party is tomorrow at seven, so be there early to help set up, my house. After school, I mean." I rubbed my hands together.

"This is going to be fun!" I stated, and he laughed.

"Yes, yes it shall." He put an arm around me, and we walked back inside to finish supper.