Revenge

Josh's POV

                I tore down the hill, snapping at everyone's heels. Instead of leading the chase, I stayed at the back, ready to take my place up at the front. But not yet. Karen stayed on my back like a burr, whispering words and charms, and more often, prayers. I didn't think she was spiritual, but I guess whatever works, works.

                I looked around, I was surrounded by my most trusted pack members, my family. My mom and dad were on my left, with Sam's parents, and Ken. The school pack with Ethan, Joie, Jacie, Mac, Talor, Beth and Damian were also on my left. Everyone else was on my right and in front.

                I spotted the building where I felt Sam. She felt torn, frayed and worn out. But weirdly enough, she also felt...strong, powerful, energised. Like she was becoming something. Something else.

                I shook that off and focused. Karen shouted something and a glittering field in front of us exploded. If they didn't know we were there, they did now.

"To hell with silence," I thought, and howled. Everyone else picked it up and soon it was echoing around us, almost present in its power. I had a feeling Karen was magnifying it somehow.

                "Now everyone, behind me!"  I growled, and they split in the middle to let me through. I dashed up to the front and directed us towards our destination.

                Karen shouted a warning that almost went unheard, before they attacked.

                I howled when a charm caught me on my shoulder, burning its way through. Karen mumbled something and it went away. I knelt and she climbed off, wading into the fighting, a protective shield around her. She caught a black she-wolf in the chest with a charm and, howling, she flew back and hit two more wolves. They were set upon by Joie and Jacie who ended them quickly.

                I saw a huge brown wolf snarling at a cornered Beth. I pounced on his back, gripping his neck with my powerful jaws. With a quick twist of my body, his neck snapped and he slumped to the ground, dead. Beth nodded her thanks before teaming up with Jack, Sam's dad's friend, in taking out two small cream wolves.

                With a streak of silver and brown, two unfamiliar wolves leaped into the fray, heading right for me. I snarled and crouched on the ground, ready, but they jumped over me and slammed into two enemy wolves, biting and snapping. I sent a thought to everyone.

                "No one attack the silver and brown pair, they're helping us." I got confirmation, and searched for Sam, yearning for her. Her power leaked through to me, making me stronger, and, although I didn't realize it right away, set something loose within me, laying a trail of pain and power. Something was coming, from inside of me.

                I smiled now, because I knew exactly what had happened. She let her loose, and was heading towards us right now.

I bounded off to meet her, but was met with a resistance, of three.

                Ashton, Kain, and Trevor.

Sam's POV

 I felt Josh's confusion and anger, and I wondered who, or what, he was with. I sniffed, looking around at where I was. My wolf, having gained control was now retreating, leaving me in charge thankfully.

            I saw mayhem in all directions. Wolf-on-wolf, I saw Jake, Rob and Tom forcing a reddish wolf away from...I frowned. I didn't recognize that wolf! I growled, my wolf taking over a bit, and I jumped into the fray. I bit and snapped at the red wolves, jumped over them, and glared at the copper wolf in front of me. She seemed vaguely familiar, but from where? I growled and crouched down, and she growled back, but didn't move from her crouched position.

            "No, Sam! She's Beth, and pack member from school! We have wolves apart from all of us helping!" Jake thought, jumping in between us, and then he started.

            "Wow, you're so pretty! Your coat is glowing gold, it's like you shine with your own light," he told me wondrously, and edged closer to me, sniffing. I growled playfully and swiped at him. He jumped away, grinning.

            "It's good to see you," I told him, rubbing his head with mine. He suddenly growled and threw himself onto me. He snapped at a grey wolf who snuck up on us, but yelped when a second gray wolf jumped on him and bit his ear. I couldn't let anything bad happen to him, so I jumped at the new wolf.

            It was like I was possessed or something. The world literally slowed, and I bit into the wolf's neck. His howl was sluggish. I jumped off him, feeling power rush through me. I bit at his legs, and finally put an end to him by cutting off his air. The world sped up to normal again.

            I was panting heavily, but with exhilaration, not tiredness. 

 I saw Jake taking care of the other wolf, and I smiled.

"Good, I didn't want you to be hurt. Where's everyone else? Josh?" I whined, and he nodded to where four wolves were circling each other. I looked closer, gasping. That was Josh, and he was against Trevor, Kain, and Ashton! I have to help!

Josh's POV

I felt Sam near, but didn't take my eyes off the three of them. They edged closer, making me snarl and back off. I don't know how i'll hold off all three, but I have to, if I want to see Sam. 

Trevor growled and jumped at me. I guess I have no choice but to fight. I bit and snarled at him and we rolled together, snapping our jaws. I grabbed him by the throat, and he bit my leg. I howled when I felt Ashton sink his teeth into my hind leg, and Kain bit my ear.

I felt a buildup of emotions slash through me violently. I felt my legs collapse, and my body trembled. I howled, throwing my head back. My back arched, throwing off all three of them. 

I felt Power course through my veins, through me, to Sam, joining us in whatever miracle this is. I felt...alive. I heard Sam howl, and she appeared like magic beside me, baring her fangs and growling ferociously.

I was renewed, I looked over and saw Sam glowing, literally. She was molten gold, shining radiantly like the sun. Her black tattoos stood out against her fur, swirling up and around her legs and torso, making shapes like mine, which I felt also moving, carrying their Power everywhere.

 I howled a challenge to everyone, and felt everything stop, all the fighting, all the noise. It died, leaving it silent, us against them. I caught Sam's eyes, and hers gleamed with anticipation.

We turned as one to face Trevor, Ashton, and Kain.

It's time to end this. Now.