Chapter 6 (edited)

1 week later.

It's been an entire week since I've actually talked to Jess. I'm confused most of the time about his sexuality, but I plan to find out soon. He's gotten better at being sneaky about his oogling Chad, but I obviously notice. I want it to be me that he stares at, but all he sees is my best friend. The worst part about it, is that Chad is curious when it comes to men. He hasn't said anything about Jess because he knows I have a thing for him, but I know he must've thought about what it would be like with him. He even openly flirts with him when he thinks I'm not looking! I don't blame him, because he probably thinks that Jess is like every other person I've had a thing with. I would even let Chad flirt and do what ever he wanted with the people I've dated because I wasn't serious about them; he didn't get that far with too many because they were committed. I still regret it though because it's now affecting my chances of being in a relationship with Jess.

I realized that Brant is the only one that knows that Jess is like Cassie to me, and he's the only one who needs to know for now. I was a little disappointed when Jess didn't talk to us in science, but he may be behind a little. He might have to catch up on some work from this grading period since he's new. I let him be, not wanting to be the reason he's behind.

I was fine the whole day until I saw Chad walking with Jess laughing. He even looked at me smiled and kept flirting. At least the other times he thought I wasn't looking, now he knows that I am. I shouldn't be mad, but to hell with that. I'm pissed. I charged into the lunch room soon after ignoring everyone that said something to me. I gave Chad a look that could kill millions and his face said that he knew it all. He talked to me as soon as Jess left to the bathroom. "I'm sorry man. I didn't think you'd get mad".

"I actually like him", I projected through clenched teeth. I'm furious, why is he doing this to me?

"You also liked all the others.." True, but if I just said I like someone then drop it. It's not his place to intervene.

"I like this one - a lot, okay, so back off. I will fight you if I have to. This one is mines and mine only. Got it?" Im not lying either, I will fight for Jess.

"No need for that. I'm sorry. It's just that all the others were girls, and you know ..", he said trailing off.

"Yea I know, you're curious", I said putting air quotes around curious. "Just leave him alone".

"Got it", he rushed out looking away from my glare. I walked away from the table to go to the bathroom and calm down.

I saw Jess drying his hands. Shit, I forgot that he was in here. "Are you alright man?", he asked me. I wanted to laugh at that.

Damn it, just looking at him aggravates me. I just want to be able to have my way with him. I can't force him to like me, but damn can I try. "Gosh why you out of all people?", I huffed out. I was pacing when my earlier question came to mind. "Hey can I ask you a question?"

"Uh sure..". Oh so hesitant. He licked his soft lips looking scared of what I'd ask.

"How many girls have you dated?".

"I thought I already told you. One. What does this -". I held up a hand to cut him off. He looked nervous again. He knows what's coming.

"How many people have you dated?".

He's hesitating. Come on now, don't be shy. "Seven".

"I knew it. I fucking knew it". I was happy and pissed at the same time, because this means that he actually does like Chad.

"Ok so what? You know now. Hurt me, say whatever shit you have to. Can you just get it over with fast?". He's so damn stupid. How does he not see it by now?