Chapter 17 (part 2)

"How do you feel about Daria?"

He was sitting with his back to the tub holding a cigaret in his hand. He doesn't actually smoke, but he found it in the medicine cabinet behind the mirror. My father must've left it in there when he filled up the cabinet for me with necessities. My father doesn't smoke often but every now and then he has his moments of weakness.

I sat with bubbles covering me holding a wine glass filled with orange juice. I felt like we could be an old gay picture you'd find from the 60's. I am sophisticated, even my sorrow is glamorized right now. A wine glass can make anyone feel classy.

"I think her name sounds like diarrhea, and when she hits legal age she should change it". A soft deep chuckled rumbled throughout his chest. I like it.

"Her name is perfectly fine - and I meant how do you feel about her as a person".

"Oh that, she's a nice girl and all but she's a little stuck up". I spoke with the voice of an old Hollywood star since I already felt dazzling.

"Oh baby, everyone at Jackson is like that. It's the lifestyle of our people. If you're not a snob you're a bitch, and if you're not a bitch you're a hoe, and if you're not a hoe you're poor". He answered mockingly, using the same Hollywood voice I did. I brought a hand to my chest and laughed like a rich fat woman covered in pearls.

"Oh darling what about fabulous, I'm fabulously sophisticated".

"That's just a high class snob sweetheart".

"True". I laughed telling him I was done with the accent. It was nice to be in his presence and not have to worry about anything. I felt calm, safe even.

I eased into the tub letting the warm water fully cover my limbs. I needed this, some comfort. Chad is my comfort. I love this. I looked towards Chad to see his eyes closed and his head resting on the edge of the tub. He's going to get a cramp that way. I was about to tell him when his phone rang. He excused himself leaving me wondering who it could be.