Chapter 15

Back in Jess's POV

I didn't know what to do, what to say. He- he slept with her. Why? Was it because I wouldn't be his? Is it because she's a woman? Why would he do that. Well I hope he's happy with her, because I'm not going to interfere. If he wants to be with her then so be it. It's not like we were actually together. It's not like he actually cheated. But if he didn't actually cheat why does it hurt so bad?

I chuckled humorlessly while wiping my eyes and handing the taxi man some money. I wonder if he's ever had to go through something like this. Maybe he understands exactly how I feel. My eyes feel like they'll never run out of tears, they'll forever be in sorrow. My body doesn't want to cooperate with my tiered mind. Everything feels so heavy, like I have to carry 20 extra pounds now. Maybe I'm just being over dramatic.

I sighed and dragged my feet into the house. My dad was sitting down with some paperwork surrounding him. Why isn't he in his office? Sarah tire him out? I chuckled once again, a sick doleful sound escaping my sore lungs. I just want to sleep.

My father looked my way and an expression of concern covered his features. Damn, how bad do I look? "What's wrong?"

"Nothing".

"Jess" he pressured.

"No, dad. Just leave me the fuck alone. Why do you care anyways. Just leave me the fuck alone! Stop hurting me, everyone stop hurting me!" He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my shaking shoulders. I was crying full force right now. Everything is so bad right now, it's so so terribly wrong. My father kissed the top of my head and carried me bridal style into the large bathroom. He hasn't done this since I was a young child. He ran some warm bath water and helped me undress until I was left in my underwear. I was glad he helped me, I was too tired to do anything really.

Once he left the bathroom I pulled my underwear off slowly and sat down in the soapy bath water that was slowly rising. It eased my muscles and calmed my tears. Are warm baths the only thing I have to look forward to now? My father walked back in with some black sweats of mine a pair of drawers and a black short-sleeve T-shirt. I could see the pain in his eyes; I hope he doesn't think this is his fault. I didn't mean it when I told him to stop hurting me. "Dad"? I questioned not realizing how dry my throat was. I brought my hand up to it and swallowed.

"Yea?". He spoke softly as if, if he spoke any louder my walls would crash back down again.

"You do know that I didn't mean that. About you hurting me".

He smiled sadly and nodded his head. "I know son. You just soak in the bath and once you get out some soup will be waiting for you".

"Okay dad", I whispered. "Okay dad". I sighed and leaned back into the tub letting my body further relax. I liked this.

------------
I know I know it's so short, but it's all I had time for. Sorry :)