Chapter 19

Please read!!!!

Thank you so much @cici1420 and @nekosan206 they have been awesome supporters in this story, and I really appreciate it.

Also I want to tell everyone to go read my story Captured. With a few chapters left it's almost time for the sequel, I don't want anyone to miss out. I'm really proud of that story and I'd love for everyone to enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it.

Oh btw, that's Chad.

-----------

Chad and I waited for a taxi. His elbow was placed on my shoulder as he raised a few fingers waiting for a taxi to pull up. The lucky thing about the building that I live in, is that taxis often get service here, so it's not hard to hitch one, but I guess today is different. We've been standing here for three minutes already waiting for a taxi. I know it sounds impatient, but when you're used to your driver taking you everywhere, this is a long time.

I sighed straitening my body and knocking his shoulder off. "I told you that I could get Peter to pick us up".

"And I told you no, it'd be too much of a hassle, and it'd take even longer to wait for him". We both turned our heads to see a yellow cab pull up to us. Chad rose his brows and looked at me smugly, "see, there goes one now". We both settled into the taxi, me sitting quietly as he told the man where we are going.

Chad subtly touched my knee with his fingers, but I noticed. I looked out the window trying to hide my smile. When I looked back to him he looked in deep thought with his finger rubbing against his lip. I wanted to know what he was thinking about, but I figured he'd just blow it off as nothing, so I decided to change his train of thought.

"So, tell me about this friend of yours", I joyously pestered. He scoffed and looked at me as if I had just made a joke. He leaned back in his seat before answering me.

"His name is Roman. He used to go to school down here until his father got transferred for work. He was worse than Derek when it comes to whoring himself, but he was my best friend". He gripped my knee, as if he needed an anchor to hold onto as he told his story. "He was an asshole, but he was my best friend. Me, him, and Derek, we were the three musketeers - until we had a fall out. He had slept with Derek's girlfriend of that time, her name was Cassie. Derek was crazy about her, I never understood why, because she was so ordinary, but he loved her. Anyways, that's what started our falling out, Derek was pissed, and he wanted me to choose his side, but I couldn't choose anyone's side. They were both my best friends".

He sighed deeply in frustration as if it was an annoyance to tell this story. I squeezed his hand on my knee letting him know that it was okay, that I wouldn't judge. "Cassie was a whore, a slut, whatever you want to call it, but she damn sure wasn't faithful to Derek, until she had to be. She loved Roman, and she was using Derek to get to him; also her father wanted a deal with Derek's dad, so she was supposedly helping coax Derek into talking to his father. Either way they were stupid. Mr. Smith wouldn't listen to his son when it comes to business, and Derek wouldn't interfere in his fathers business unless necessary ... Roman didn't like Cassie in the slightest, he had caught on to her ways before all of us. He tried to warn Derek, but he wouldn't listen. So he hoped that by sleeping with her, and recording it he'd get to show Derek."

"He got the recording, and even showed both of us, but Cassie swore it wasn't her, so Derek believed her. The video wasn't clear, and Roman fucked so many people that it could've been a video of anyone. I believed that it was Cassie, but I also thought that what he did was wrong". Chad sounded so exhausted as he replayed the story in his mind. "I took Derek's side because I was disgusted with Roman. I had told Derek that I thought it was Cassie in the video, but he didn't believe me either, so I left it alone. Roman had to leave soon, and he and Derek got in a huge fight ending their friendship at the time, until everything with Cassie came out. But by then Roman had already left, and Cassie left to boarding school soon after. Us three made up when he came back down to visit, and every time he's in town we hang out together. The funny thing is, Derek still never denies that he loved Cassie to the fullest, and I respect that, but she ruined him. After her he started recklessly partying and sleeping with people, his relationships never lasted long, and he was known as the school slut. Until he was hospitalized for a serious case of alcohol poisoning, after that he got his life together, but he still was never the same. All because of Cassie. It's the story that everyone at our high school knows".

He chucked after telling me the story. "I should've just told you that he was a good friend of ours".

"No, I'm glad you told me that". It makes me realize a lot about Derek. I feel terrible, the one person his loved so faithfully betrayed him. I'm surprised he can still have feelings for me after that. He has to be strong to not be afraid to care about people. I sighed leaning back on the seat right when the taxi man stopped.

"You guys are gonna have to walk from here". We paid him his due and started to walk to where ever it is we're going to meet this Roman guy.

------

Woah, two in one day! I'm on a roll.