Chapter 9 - part 2 edited

I ended up telling Chad enough to where he understood my situation. All I said was that my parents are separating because of my mothers mistakes. I'm sure he understood what I meant though. He said what everyone one else would say, "oh I'm sorry", which I didn't want to hear. I don't want his pity, I just want his attention while I rant. At least he was able to understand me. He never had both parents in his life because they separated while he was still in his mother's womb due to his father lying and going behind her back with girls even though he never slept with them he'd take them on dates as if they were together; at least that's what he was told. He's always felt like he's never had a complete family even with his step father, but he does think that his step father is probably one of the best he could get.

That made me think ... Would I get a step mother one day? I honestly don't want one, but I wouldn't be rude to her if I did end up having one. I couldn't do that to my father, he deserves someone that will make him happy.

We spent our time getting to know each other and having a bawl laughing together. I felt happy, instead of feeling like I was going to cave in on myself. I realized that Chad wasn't overly pampered like most of the kids here, he seemed pretty down to heart and not all about hisself. Maybe that's why I had liked him so much, he's normal.

We got so caught up in our conversation that when the bell rang it felt like we had barely even talked. I could talk to him for hours. I want to talk to him for hours. I've gotten so much stress off my chest and I'm not finished.

"Here, let me walk you to your class, gym right?" I blushed nodding my head. He smiled and walked with me to my next period. I could see girls looking at him in awe and thankfully they completely ignored me. Lucky girls, I'll never get to have him because he's straight and I have something with Derek; whatever that is. He gave me the warmest, tightest, hug when we arrived at the entrance to the Locker rooms.

I was probably a deep scarlet right now. "Uh thanks, I should get going now", it all came out in a jumbled mess and I heard him laughing behind me as I rushed into the locker room.

I sighed deeply resting my head on the cold metal of the lockers. Why do I do this to myself? He's straight, I need to get that through my head. Once we got on the fields Jennifer waved brightly in my direction; awkwardly I returned the favor. Hopefully I'll be able to survive this class.

When lunch time decided to arrive I was starving. I didn't wait for anyone as I rushed to the line. They had their panini's today! I was tapping my foot waiting behind a chatty girl when Chad came up to me. "I tried to make it to your gym class, but as soon as I got there you sped away. What's the rush?"

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm just really hungry". He shook his head with a light smile, letting me know that my tactics amused him.

"Well instead of waiting in this line why don't you share some of mine? My stepsister always insists on making me huge lunches". Hmm ... wonder why he hadn't brought her up earlier.

I opened my mouth to say no when he stuck out a lip, "sure". Why not I'm eating one way or another. We walked over to the table together laughing about some video on YouTube. Once we sat down I leaned a little towards him so I could take off my backpack. Derek was giving me the death eye. What's his problem?

I watched Bailey and Jennifer fight over if this kid at our school named Damon was hot or not. Personally I thought he was fine as fuck, but they didn't need my input. He was about 6'1 with caramel skin and tight black baby curls on top of his head. He had dark brown eyes and big delectable lips the top one being darker than the bottom. A light fuzz was growing over his lip and his smile was sexy. You could tell he played sports just by looking at his muscular arms. I didn't know how big he was packing, but I wouldn't mind seeing.

He walked the pass the table biting his lip before a bright smile appeared on his face as he saw this little Mexican girl. She was really pretty. Her hair was a thick dark brown with the ends having a ombré affect using shades of brown and blonde. She was about 5'3 with a normal frame for a girl, not fat, but not skinny. I couldn't really see her eyes because she was looking down at her feet waiting for him to come. He wrapped his arms around her giving her a light kiss on her forehead. She looked up at him with a light blush on her checks and a small smile that held blue braces before quickly looking back down at her feet. She was adorable and seemed to be shy. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led them to the table that held their friends. I want that.

I felt someone taping my shoulder and saw Brant looking at me in confusion. "What were you looking at? We've been calling your name forever". I smiled shaking my head putting it off as nothing. He shrugged his shoulders not really caring enough to push the subject. By now I was eating half of Chad's sandwich; I don't know what was in it, but it was so good. I couldn't help the moan that escaped my mouth. Everyone at the table laughed, except Derek who had his hands clasped together behind his neck looking down at his foot biting his lip really hard. He looked in pain; I wanted to ask what was wrong but I decided against it.
I finished the sandwich quickly earning an amused stare from Chad. I flicked him off getting a large gasp of fake shock. I chuckled while shaking my head.

"Justin Jemington please report to the office. Justin Jemington please report to the office", blared on the speakers. A chorus of 'oooooo's sounded throughout my table.

"I didn't do anything. Calm down". They pouted in disappointment; of course they were probably hoping they'd here some crazy story about why I'm in trouble. No such luck.

"Good luck with your family", Chad whispered in my ear. I sighed deeply remembering it all. I thanked him and walked off with my belongings. During my walk in the halls I wondered why I was called to the office.

I saw my father standing in a suit chatting respectfully with the receptionist. Why is he here? The lady at the desk told me that I'd be going home early today ... Lucky me?
I slid into the car staring at him with a questioning look in my eyes. He stayed silent not looking at me at all. "Uh, dad, why did you pick my up?" Still no answer. "Dad, dad, daaaaad".

His voice was monotone and he looked dead and detached from the world. "Your mom is here. She wants to talk to you".

"She what?!"