Chapter 3 (Edited)

"Were have you been!", raged my father as I walked through the door. A 6:00 shadow was present on his face and he had dark circles under his eyes. I sighed and set my keys on the counter. He's over working himself again.

"I left you a note. Don't act so surprised that I was gone". This is about the 3rd time he's done this to me since we've moved here. I wish he would just take a sick day so he can relive some of his stress. Maybe I can convince mom to make him take a day off. He needs one.

"I got the note, and I also texted you about five times!" I was kind of ... Busy. Damn I'm so tiered. I don't have time for this.

"Look, dad. I'm tired and I don't have time for this". I knew I shouldn't talk back to him, but I was already done for the day. I needed to sleep.

His mouth opened and closed before he deeply sighed. "We need to talk". It looked serious but I didn't have anymore space on my shoulders right now.

"Later dad. I can't right now". He looked at me with stern eyes and then turned away. My dad actually let me have what I needed. Space. For once in his life he understood me, what the hell is going on today?

I laid in my bed wondering what was wrong with my life. I stared at the black blanket laying against the white sheets like it was going to have the answers to my problems. I stood up causing the wooden floor to creak a little. My ceiling was slanted, meaning that I could touch the lowest parts of it, so I did. I ran my fingers along it until I had to stand on my tippy toes. I sat in my computer chair going online hoping that I'd find some relief. None at all. I stocked my friends social media, I miss her so much, why'd I have to move? I groaned leaning back in the chair. Why was everything so damn complicated?

I'm craving Derek's company. I want to talk to him some more, actually I want to do more than just talk to him. That's what's scaring me. I don't want to like this guy, he seems rude, creepy, possessive, and arrogant. Why would I want someone like that? Looks aren't everything, but my oh my is he fine, and he likes me. He doesn't even know why he does; I'm pretty sure this is just a phase of his when he meets someone new. Shit, no it's not. Who does this when they meet someone new? No one that I've ever known. I admit it, I want him a little more than I should, and I just may be ashamed of that.

I went into my bathroom drenching my face in water. I looked up to see hickeys on my neck. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Why are these there? I created a dent in the wall by punching it. My knuckles were bloody, my face and hair was wet, and I had hickeys on my neck. I look crazy. How did my dad not notice them? The last boyfriend I had he saw them as soon as he took one look at me. I'm fucked.

Why him? Out of all people to take an interest in me. Why him?

.......

(I know this is short, and I am sorry for that. I just wanted to let you know that the next few chapters will be what was going on in Derek's head when he saw Jess)