Chapter 12

I laid in bed frustrated with my father. Any time I even remotely tried to bring up my situation he'd diss me and talk about what we're going to do for mom. He can't even talk to his own son, some dad.

I figured that tomorrow I'd just ignore everyone at school so I can give myself some time to think. I really need it. I cracked my back and walked down the stairway to the kitchen. Jen was standing there wiping down the counter; she didn't even turn around to look at me when she asked if I wanted anything to eat. Is she ignoring me too? "Not you too!"

"I don't know what you're talking about sir, I am just doing my job. Now I ask again, would you like something to eat?" I grimaced and crossed my arms.

"I want brownies and vanilla ice cream. And where is my father?"

"I do not know sir". Now that I think of it, I haven't seen him all day. I thought he was just ignoring me, I guess not.

I huffed and turned around. "Don't worry about making me anything. I'm going out". I ran upstairs and through on a red and black jacket since I was already dressed. I called Brant once I was in the taxi on the way to his house. He assured me that it'd be fine if I came over. At least I still have one friend that's cool with me to the fullest.

I got out of the car and went to knock on his door. I loved coming over here because Brant had a whole section of the house that belonged to him, so we could do whatever we want. He opened with dark circles under his eyes, what's wrong with him? I followed him into the lounge room and sat down next to him listening to him sigh deeply.

"What's wrong man", damn he looked like death.

"Nothing much, just Chad keeping me up all night ranting over the phone about how you hurt Jess, and blah blah blah". I paused as soon as I heard Chad's name. It hurt to hear about how I hurt Jess.

"So, you know what happened ... And you still want to talk to me". He rolled over to he could look at me and he gave a soft smile.

"I admit I was surprised when I heard what happened because I thought he was like Cassie to you, but this is not the first time you've hurt someone's feelings. You've hurt several, and you technically weren't together so you didn't cheat. And you're my bestfriend man, I'm supposed to try and understand you". I sat there with my hands in my face.

"Do you know what was going on between them?"

"Man, don't ask me anything. I'm not putting myself in your drama. Plus it's not my business to tell". I groaned and laid across the other side of the couch.

"I don't know what to do".

"You know what to do, you just don't want to do it". I sat up at stared at him awkwardly. He raised a brow and I pouted like a child. I knew that he meant that I had to talk to them, but I didn't want to. Who would when you knew there was a high chance of you being wrong and feeling even more like shit.

-------

Yes I'm sorry I know it's short but the next one will be pretty long. Prepare yourself for drama. :)