Chapter 06

Chapter 06

She inhaled deep and closed her eyes. She bends her knees to balance herself. Deep inside, she molded and manipulated her chakra with perfect ease. She was good at it; everyone dubbed her as the girl with perfect chakra control. Sometimes it annoys her to the core. She's annoyed with herself. Because it was the only thing she was good at. Truly, it was the exact requirements to be a great medic, but everyone without a 'perfect chakra control' can be an iryu-nin. Her only consolation though is that aside from being the medic, she also possessed monster strength, that's not so typical for a little girl like her. Not all iryu-nin can do that. She was the only one among the kunoichi in her generation who could do that. And she's the second in history. Her Shishou, Tsunade-sama was the first and her mentor. Everything she was, was molded by her Shishou. Thinking back on Team 7, she thought she was the bad tomato in the group. Her sensei, Kakashi was a typical genius and was a living legend. Naruto had a kyuubi, and a great lineage from the Uzumaki and the Fourth. Sasuke was from Uchiha with the greatest bloodline the world had ever known and Sai...well, he's Sai, an ANBU in the root division. That's an unfair achievement. What about her? No clan, no bloodline, no great lineage. Though everyone told her, she was a second Tsunade, she doesn't par with Naruto or Sasuke who, themselves were also under the tutelage of the Sannin, Jiraiya, and Orochimaru respectively. She was just Sakura. And her only trophy was her huge forehead with her brain.

It was not typical of her to put down herself like this. But the world was unfair and cruel. She tried so hard, so very hard just to cope up with her teammates. In fact, among her teammates, she sees herself as the only one who was lagging behind, feeling so useless at times. Behind that smile and sweet face lies a sad and frail little girl who was frustrated to catch up with the world. So without many options on what the heck to do, she had decided to put herself on the thing she thought could help and be useful to herself and to the village. She became a medic.

She sighed. It's no use mopping around like this. She thought.

With leather gloved hands, she directed her chakra into it. She opened her eyes and exhaled sharply as her fisted hands drove directly into a large oak tree. It was fairly 8 meters in diameter, and she just split the tree in half with one hand. The sturdy tree falls slowly, creaking and breaking smaller branches on its way as it gave a loud thud on its final destination on the ground. The impact disturbed the nocturnal animals, making the owls and birds flying off in the inky sky, howling in the chilly air as if cursing the person who disturbed their sanctuary. The smaller rodents and mammals on the ground scurried away frantically. She sighed again. Her hands fall on her side.

She looked at the cabin. She could see the lighted windows from where she was standing. She was at the large clearing located behind the cabin. She discovered it a while ago while she was mindlessly walking out from that place. And it was only 3 am in morning. And sleep was avoiding her. Well, who could sleep with the sudden situation that befalls her that night?

I'm doomed. The gods must be enjoying torturing me right now. Fuck with the fates and their threads. I hate this day! Her thought lingered back to the incident that happened a while ago.

Sasuke is in her cabin.

It was the cause why her mind was in turmoil. Everything was like calm water suddenly disturbed and then suddenly, it creates ripples on its surface. She didn't know what to think. So she decided to step out of the cabin and walked aimlessly. Her feet brought her to this clearing.

She was caught off-guard in that situation. She even thought she had forgotten to breathe when she saw him, thinking that her mind must have been playing tricks on her. But he was there. He was not an illusion. And his scent was clinging to her skin.