Chapter 02

Chapter 02

Sakura woke up that day, hearing the wonderful chirping of the birds through her open window. It sounds like tiny ripples of water in high notes, sync to create an icy melody to her ears. She smiled and slowly opened her eyes. She was facing her window and she could see the sun's light through the dancing white curtains as if it was being playfully tagged by the soft wind. This should be how the morning was supposed to be, she thought.

She stretched her long legs, as well as her arms, she purred like a cat. As she stretched, the comforter that covers her was kicked and her whole body was now exposed to see. She's only wearing a tight grey sleeveless shirt paired with her grey underwear. Not that she mind how she looked, it's comfortable to sleep on that after nights and nights of wearing her nin get up during missions, and for once, getting her body to breath once in a while was considered a luxury for her, in the comfort of her own place. She could only do that in her own private place though, that's why, after every mission, she wants to dash home. She had long been independent of her parents as her duties and responsibilities kept piling up after another, and she could no longer take up her parent's kindness and sheltering. She'd liked not to bother them when ANBU people came popping up in her doorway. Her profession does not choose the time. Even in the dead of the night they appear and advised her when something came up or when she's needed or if they deliver urgent messages.

The Haruno couple didn't mind it really, they were more than prepared for the time they took and enrolled their little girl in the academy, that sooner or later, she will do great as one of the most promising nin in Konoha. She's also at that age, where it's time for her to take care of herself, do things by herself, and prove to her parents that she can do it alone. So, after saving up from the money she earned from taking missions, she was finally able to buy her own apartment. During the rehabilitation of Konoha, she was granted a privilege as a nin, and apart from many to mention benefits she had since she became a Jounin, so taking her own place now was but a breeze. She took pride in her little sanctuary. It was small, just the right for her, located in a nice and quiet neighborhood, not too far from the hospital and the Konoha tower.

Her dainty feet carried her to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and she is stared back at by a girl in her 18. Her eyes are a big shining orb of jade, her face is smooth and white as a pearl, with the lively vibrant of rose tint on her cheeks. Her lips, full, luscious, and red as cherries, promise a thousand and one sensations if kissed. Her hair, so distinctive with that baby pink color, she had grown them in the past years, and now they reached up to her waist once again, shiny and smooth to touch. She run her fingers to the wild strands that went to her face. Her reflection gave her a smile, sweet and innocent. Who says she's not beautiful?

Her eyes darted to her slender neck, down to her breasts. She's not wearing any bra, though they're average in size, they're perky and full. She went further down to her slim waist, her firm stomach, down to her hips, and her pair of luscious long legs. Aside from a few obscure scars down her arms and legs, everything about her is almost perfect. Well, almost...

She has changed. She's far from the cry-baby, little Sakura, who was bullied by her classmates in the academy back when she was still five. She's far from that girl, who was called 'billboard forehead', who only sulked and cried over it because she did have a wide forehead. She was more confident in herself now. Knows when to fight, and knows how to carry and handles herself with confidence. When people still joked about her forehead, she will just answer them that, intelligent people tend to have huge foreheads because they have bigger brains than the average people who have nothing inside their heads but peanut-sized brains that only knew how to insult others. She will follow it with a hearty laugh. She will not be allowed to be bullied anymore. It didn't bother her much but everything started because Ino, her best friend and rival, was there to guide her, protect her. It was Ino who taught her to believe in herself.