Chapter 04

CHAPTER 4

Team 7 found themselves in the Hokage's office, in front of a serious Tsunade. All four of them, Kakashi, Sai, Naruto, and Sakura had questioning looks on them, as they stared at the Hokage.

"I got missions for you," she started, "as you may well know, two ANBU platoons have been ambushed on their way back from the recon mission I have assigned them, near the borders of Fire Country and Wave Country," she threw two scrolls on her desk, "I want you, Kakashi together with Sai and Naruto to go there. I'll discuss this to you later,"

Kakashi nodded lazily, while Sai remained silent.

"Also-"

"Wait, Tsunade-baa-chan, what about Sakura? Isn't she going with us on this mission?" Naruto said, cutting off Tsunade, who stood up, giving him a death glare. Naruto on the other hand backed off. It was clear that Tsunade wasn't in her fairest mood this morning.

"What about me Shishou? What'll I do?" Sakura said.

"If you two haven't keep interrupting me, I would have told you already! Have you been listening? I said missions, " Tsunade barked at the two, spitting daggers on them. Yup, she's not in the mood alright! She huffed and slumped back to her swivel chair, "anyway, Sakura will have a different mission from the rest of you, a solo one," she said. Then gave a meaningful glance to Kakashi who caught the meaning behind her eyes.

There is something odd on this; Tsunade is a bit reluctant and uneasy. Kakashi thought.

"Ehhh, why is that? Why does she have to go solo, while we do a boring recon mission on the borders, dattebayo? The ANBU had been there, right? So why should we do a follow-up?" Naruto blabbered, giving a scowling look.

"Shut up Naruto! You're giving me headaches!" Tsunade shouted, "Shizune! Where's my tea!"

Ah, right. Sakura thought, rolling her eyes. A hangover. 

Yup, a hangover. She must have been drinking last night. Kakashi thought, opening his favorite orange book. He then buried his head on it. Just then, the door opened, and came marching in was Shizune with her usual tray of a pot of steaming tea and cup, followed by Ton-Ton.

"Here," Tsunade threw one of the scrolls to Sakura, "It's an aid mission on Firefly Village1 at the northwest of Fire Country, lying between Kusagakure, Takigakure, and Amegakure. It's a small village that has been caught in relentless conflicts between its surrounding villages, receiving the pitiful state it's always in. That was before, now they're okay, but lately, doctors and medical aids have been scarce, and this village has no doctors at all. Health has been a big issue and death has inflated at an alarming rate lately. So I'm gonna send you there, and do all that you can to aid them. Security is not an issue, aside from a few rogue ninjas, I'm sure you can manage it with minimal effort. I have already sent there a notice about you, and an old man named Minoru will help you. Consider this an A-rank."

Sakura do a quick run on the scroll then folded it again. She'll read the full details later. "Yes, Shishou!" she answered, "How long does this mission take?"

"A week or two, with your excellent skills, I know you can lend them a hand. Leave immediately after your preparations. You're dismissed!" Tsunade said.

"Hai!" she bowed.

"Aaaah, Sakura-chan, you're lucky, dattebayo!" Naruto complained, "You get to save a whole village! That'd be so cool, unlike us doing a boring mission!"

"Naruto!" Tsunade shouted.

"Hai, hai~" Naruto said, scowling his face more. Sakura smiled.