Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Naruto has been in that spot for an hour, pacing back and forth then he'll stop to stare at that thing in the glass window for a full minute, wearing that weird squint on his eyes, pursing of his mouth, and tapping of his feet. His ocean-blue orbs were boring holes on a set of cute baby stuff which was on display in that particular new baby shop in western Konoha. It may look as if he was hesitating and can't decide if he'll just go inside the shop and ask for the help of the sales lady who was beginning to show worry on their faces as they followed his relentless figure outside of their shop. Or just buy whatever he'll pick. Other people, inside and outside the premises were starting to notice and fuzz over the flashy orange and black figure of him, who was beginning to dig a peculiar pattern on the road with his pacing. They all have one thing on their mind...

...what is the infamous village Hero doing in front of a baby shop?

Some people began to stop just to look at him, some girls were even giggling and women were murmuring. It doesn't even help when a few people began crowding around near him. He didn't notice what's happening around him, indicating how concentrated he was on whatever was on his mind. The village people knew his whirlwind love story, how he was infatuated with the Hokage's apprentice, Sakura, back in those days, almost begging for her attention. Sakura was her first love after all but came to realize his feelings towards the Hyuuga heiress. He's dating Hinata...that is...supposed to be secretly, but knowing there were a few loudmouths in Konoha 12, all of the people knew about it, except Neji. How the infamous prodigy and genius never figured out about his dear cousin dating the self-proclaimed Hokage was still a puzzle to everyone these days. Looking at Naruto who was pacing back and forth in front of a shop surely stirred the people's curiosity.

"N-Naruto-kun?"

He stopped his pacing and turned to see who called him. His eyes brightened upon seeing the Hyuuga heiress among the people who he had finally noticed crowding nearby. The first thing on his mind was if there was something interesting around he didn't know. It finally sinks in that he was the reason for it. The combination of him and the baby shop was surely interesting!

He scowled at the people, narrowed his eyes, and then threw sharp glares which made them feel the Jinchuuriki's killing aura. They dispersed themselves one by one and the busy road comes back to its normal busy traffic.

"Hinata-chan!" he barked afterward, his smile so wide now ignoring the side glances of a few people who passed them by. He scratched his head which made Hinata giggle. "Hey," he approached and greeted her, noticing that she was carrying a bag of groceries.

"H-hi, w-what are you doing here, Naruto-kun?"

"Oh..." he scratched his head, "I'm thinking of buying something but can't decide what, dattebayo,"

"In the baby shop?"

"Yeah. I got in a fight with her and I'm thinking of buying something as a means of reconciliation,"

"Her? You got a fight with a...baby?" Hinata furrowed her brows in question. No matter how weird it sounded, she just had to ask that stupid question. Thinking how absurd that was, and seeing the dumb expression on Naruto's face, she blushed, "Oh, I--'

"No, no! What I mean was, I had a fight with Sakura-chan," and then his voice toned down a bit, "-and I want to say sorry to her, so I thought of giving her something,"

"But why a baby stuff?" Hinata asked innocently, "I didn't know she likes baby stuff nowadays,"

"Eh? You mean you didn't know?"