Chapter 16

Chapter 16

-------------

It was such a beautiful morning, the sea breeze swayed her long pink hair as she walked on that road. It was past six in the morning and she went to this part of Degarashi Port, a marketplace actually, to stash some fresh groceries. After she woke up from that peculiar dream, she decided to buy groceries.

This part of town had changed drastically since the last time she was here during a mission with Team 7. Degarashi Port was being disputed by the two clans, the Wasabi clan, and the Wagarashi clan. Thanks to Idate Ibiki, and with the help of Team 7 during the race to determine who will rule the town, the Wasabi family won that match, ended up in the conclusion that the Wagarashi clan be banished from the town forever. From then on, Degarashi Port has been prosperous and businesses went well, the trading industry flourished and it was because it was under the rule of Jirouchi of Wasabi clan.

And Sakura had witnessed its gradual revolution in her five years in this town.

She wasn't living in the town proper per se. Dr. Tenkou Inaba lived in the farthest part of Degarashi, in the south. It's just that he chose to live where he could conduct his research in a quiet environment, but still in a manner that the townspeople could still reach him. Dr. Inaba was a known medic after all where his reputation could be par with the current Godaime of Konoha.

She stopped midway, her eyes stared at the rising sun that started to peek at the horizon, making the seawater sparkle beautifully as her thoughts brought her to that time she arrived in Tea Country

She stopped midway, her eyes stared at the rising sun that started to peek at the horizon, making the seawater sparkle beautifully as her thoughts brought her to that time she arrived in Tea Country. Her eyes drop midway as memories began to flood into her.

She had decided to depart from Konoha the next day after that attack from Sasuke. She didn't bid anyone goodbye. She had done that already and everyone was so busy that it would not be worth mentioning. She just wrote and left a short notice to Tsunade. It would be ridiculous to argue with her during that time because her mind and emotions were in turmoil, and she knew that Tsunade won't allow her to leave like that. She hadn't seen Sasuke since she had healed him then. And she didn't know what happened to him after that either. She wants to leave everything like that even if it looks like she was running from it all.

There were no casualties in that attack and there were no damages done. It was just Sasuke and Naruto that needed medical attention. 

She aboard a Konoha vessel, and it had dropped her off in Degarashi Port. Dr. Inaba was there to meet her. She was surprised to see that Jirouchi and Idate have also met her in the port, with a welcoming warm smile. It brought her a slight feeling of assurance that her life in Tea Country was going to be alright.

She hadn't had a hard time adapting to her new life. Because being a kunoichi means being flexible and having the tenacity to adapt to changes. Aside from taking lessons from Dr. Inaba, her pregnancy was a smooth journey during her second trimester. Dr. Inaba was surprised to know her situation but decided not to probe further. He respected her decision to be silent.