Chapter 09

Chapter 09

"Sakura,"

There was no emotion in his voice, not even a hint of surprise as he saw her. Instead, there was a tone of amusement on it and arrogance, as if he was expecting to see her that moment. He still wears that blank expression on him. He knows too well that she was there, behind that tree.

"Leaving so soon?" she asked as she finally showed herself and moved from the tree she was leaning on, the light of the full moon revealing her completely. Her eyes, like those pair from a cat in the dark, shone an eerie luminous of green. She was looking intently at Sasuke's dark ones.

He didn't answer. As if answering her was a bothersome thing. He smirked, in that annoying kind of way. He tilted his head a bit, and put his left hand on his waist, shifting his weight on his right, as if directly telling her he was bored and if she could do about him being caught and leaving.

And she knows him too well, God, why did she have to deal with him after all these years. The fate must have enjoyed torturing her! He didn't change at all. His attitude worsens, from being a cocky bastard when they were 12 to the overly arrogant, conceited, haughty, egotistical, and overconfident jerk he is now! As if he is the most amazing and hottest guy in the whole world, and that humans were nothing like worms in his eyes!

She composed herself. She can't afford to sway against her feelings right now. No matter how she hated him, she needs to clear her mind. After all, this is her chance to drag his sorry ass back to Konoha. She sighs and with the determined face and concrete disposition, she stood and approached him.

"You know I can't let you do that," she said calmly. He still stood there; not moving an inch, as his hair softly swayed with the cold night wind. His eyes bore in her with that intensity people find so intimidating. But she won't back down, so she throws back the same intense glare at him.

He raised a brow on her declaration and snorted. He really finds it amusing.

"And what can you do? Stop me?" he snorted.

"Yes," she said as she pulled her gloves on her back and started putting them.

Sasuke's weight shifted on both of his feet and he was looking straight to her now.

"Don't make me laugh, what can you do to me, huh, Sakura?" he asked as his hands slowly reaches for his Kusanagi on his back. His brows scrunch up together, his face in utter annoyance, the smirking long gone.

"Still assuming I'm weak, don't you?" she chuckled as she pulled her specialize gloves to fit better in her hands, "well, you're wrong. I'm not the same Sakura you left in that cold bench 6 years ago and not even the Sakura you tried to kill 3 years ago. People do change and I fall under that category,"

"Really?" And within a blink of an eye, he was gone in front of her. And just as fast as he vanished, he appeared inches behind her, the Kusanagi sword already aiming at her throat, "I'm not so sure about that," he whispered behind her, pulling the Kusanagi across her throat. Blood spurt on Sakura's throat, as he smirked

"Don't get cocky, Uchiha," she said behind him.

"Hn," he snorted. The girl Sasuke thought he had cut the throat turned to mud. It's a kawarimi made of earth.

Sakura was holding a kunai and slashed Sasuke a few times but found out it was a log. He too had used a replacement jutsu.

She saw him just a few meters in front of her, staring at her. 

He had to admit to himself that he was impressed, but there's no way he's gonna say that out loud. But it was not enough. He smirked. This could be interesting.