Chapter 29

Chapter 29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things had gone smoothly on the next few Sharingan study sessions. Sasuke had been cooperating immaculately which made the pink mednin happy and cheerfully reporting her findings to the Hokage. Every first day of the week, she has to do a closed-door report to the Hokage together with Shizune and they would discuss about it and what further steps were needed to do and so far, the results were astounding.

The sessions had been made into a three times a week schedule from the previous twice a week schedule. It was according to the Hokage because of the development she had witnessed so far. What aspect of 'development' she was referring to made Sakura think that there's another motive behind this study, which made the Hokage laughed nervously. She said, there's no way there would be other things aside from gaining the secrets of the Sharingan. It's pure work, for the sake of Konoha, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, whatever.

She doesn't really care. Because in her heart, she already knew her place in Sasuke's life. This is just one of those medical studies that she needs to finish.

And Sasuke's just one of her patients.

And so far, what amazed her was the Sharingan itself. She had gained a vast knowledge about it which she puts into an advantage for her own child. Every once in a while, when Ryuna was at home, she would conduct a check-up on her eyes and understood some of the things that were a puzzle to her before. True, she had studied Kakashi's sharingan, but the copy-nin's was a different case.

It was one afternoon, Sakura had to be late in the session because of a sudden increase of patients that day. It was not serious cases though and she can let her assistants and the interns to take care of the hospital but children were involved. And she had weak spot over kids. Most of the children's cases were colds.

"Must be the season," she smiled at the boy, cradled by her mom, "Now, I want you to take this three times a day. And warm yourself up okay. It's getting cold these days," she gently said to the four-year old boy who had nodded.

"Thank you Sakura-san," the boy's mother said.

"You're welcome," she smiled. The boy and his mother went out of the office and the mednin busily flip the pages on her clip board.

"Hi Sakura-chan,"

She looked who's the visitor and smiled, "Shou-san,"

"I just dropped by to check if you needed anything. I'll be leaving tomorrow evening to River for business,"

"I see. Well, if you could find me a bag of dried leaves of Agathosma, it would be much appreciated. I ran out of supplies and I need them for the formula I'm currently making. How long are you going to stay in River?"

"A week's a max. I'll just need to sign some papers over there," Shou Kuriyama said as he went to the cabinet with vials and other bottles of medicines and checked them, reading the labels.

"Well, you take care. Autumn's around the corner and we got a lot of cases for colds," she said as she busily flipped the pages again.

"I will, you have time tomorrow? I'd like to invite you over at my place. I'm going to bake some pie,"

"Really? Oh I love to!" Sakura said as she looked up at him.

"You can bring Ryuna-chan as well. I'll teach her how to bake," Shou said.

"I will," she said as she turned to her clipboard again, flipping on pages, and writing something on the records.

"Uhm...Sakura-san," Kana called her out from the door.