28: Look Alive, Sunshine

Kira~ (five months later)
I was finally back at school and graduation was coming up.
        Dean was coming into town soon for graduation and I was so excited. I was currently sitting in my chair while wearing one of the hoodies Dean got me. It was sprayed with the cologne he gave me and I was watching a movie on my laptop.

        I felt a pair of arms snake around me and I looked up to see a face I haven't seen since my birthday.
        "Dean!" I stood up and jumped into his arms, sticking my face in the crook of his neck. "Oh, I've missed you so much!" I mumbled into his neck.
        "I have, too," he set me down and took a deep breath of my sleeve. "Did you spray the cologne on this?" I hid my face in the hoodie and Dean started chuckling. "Well, I have a couple hoodies of mine that I can give you that are actually mine and not just bought for you from like Hot Topic." I smiled and pulled him into another hug.

        "Why are you here early? I thought school didn't end until next week for you." Dean rubbed his neck.
        "I, Uhh, dropped out," I gasped and looked up at him in shock.
        "Do your parents know?" He nodded.
        "They're okay with it. As long as I know what I'm doing, it's okay. For now, I'm gonna stay here and then when the fall comes, I'll figure out something to do. And do it with you," He poked me in the belly and I giggled.

        "Wanna walk to Starbucks?" I nodded and walked into my closet.
        "First, I need real pants." I pulled out a pair of shorts and changed out of my pajama pants. I stuck on my red high tops. I threw my hair into a bun and grabbed my phone and some money.

        We walked downstairs where Lindsey was watching a movie with Bandit.
        "We'll be back." She gave me a thumbs up and we left, hand in hand.
        "So, what has gone on that you haven't told me in excruciating detail over text and phone calls?" I laughed and thought for a moment.
        "Well, I started a YouTube channel. So far, I have three videos posted and they're doing well. I made a couple friends at school but I think I told you that." We walked into Starbucks and he waited in line while I found us a table.

        I pulled my phone out until I felt a poke on my shoulder. I looked up to see Frank.
        "Why do I always see you at Starbucks?" He shrugged and sat down.
        "That's a nice hoodie." I looked down and smiled.
        "Thanks. Dean gave it to me for my birthday." Frank gave a nod.
        "How is Dean?" I looked up to see Dean carrying our drinks.
        "I'm doing pretty well, how about you?" Frank looked at Dean and he set our drinks down. I scooted my chair in so dean could get to his.

        "I didn't know you were back in town!" Dean nodded and smiled.
        "Yeah. I got back early and I'm here to stay until this fall." Frank smiled.
        "How's college been?" Dean's smile faltered.
        "I was passing but I dropped out. I realized that it wasn't what I wanted to do and my parents were okay with it. As long as I have a life figured out." Frank nodded.
        "And there's so many ways to live life without going to college. You could even get a degree online so the work is less stressful." Dean smiled and looked at me.

        "Yeah, but I wanna spend my summer with my girl since I've missed her so much." He wrapped an arm around me and I felt my cheeks heat up.
        "That's nice. Well, I better get going or Jamia's gonna get mad at me for leaving her to deal with the kids." He gave me a kiss on the top of my head and waved to Dean. After he left, Dean stood up.
        "I'm gonna get a couple straws. I'll be back." I smiled and looked at my phone for a moment until I saw a person walk up to me.

        "If it isn't the brat of the school," I pursed my lips together as Courtney crossed her arms. "All alone like usual? Kinda pathetic." I felt a pang in my heart as she smirked.
        "Actually she isn't alone," Courtney's smirk dropped immediately as she turned around. "And I would like it if you didn't insult my girlfriend." He set the straws down and crossed his arms. Courtney couldn't find any words to say so she just gave me a glare and stormed off.

        "So glad I don't have to deal with her anymore after this next week," I stuck a straw into my drink and looked at Dean. "I'm glad you're here." I put my hand on his and he smiled.
        "I love you," I blew in his face and he chuckled. "I guess that means I love you, too?" I nodded and he leaned back in his seat.