9: Thank You For The Venom

Kira~
When I got home from school, I finished getting ready for the party and laid on top of my bed. I felt so awkward about my dream. I mean, Dean's my best friend, and he has a girlfriend. A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts and I sat up to see Dean walk in.
        "Hey, ready to go?" I nodded and grabbed my phone and earbuds.

        "You okay?" I shrugged.
        "I'll be fine." Dean gave me a look.
        "I'm here for you, okay?" I nodded and he pulled me into a hug.

        As I started to pull away, I looked into his eyes. They were a bright blue, almost as blue as my phone case. I glanced from his eyes to his lips twice until I mentally yelled at myself. I pulled away and walked downstairs, shoving my hands into my coat pocket.

        I told Gerard we were leaving and I climbed into Dean's truck, putting in my earbuds. I didn't want to make anything between us more awkward than it already is. Sleeping With Sirens was playing and I just stared out of the window at the snowy sky. I liked the snow, it reminded me a lot of my childhood.

        We showed up to Lizzy's house and walked in to some kids dancing, some kids playing some card game. And the rest either talking, raiding the food, or taking pictures.

        I found Lizzy by the food and poked her cheek.
        "Hey! Where's Dean?" I shrugged. "You okay? Did something happen between you and Dean?" I nodded.
        "We had a moment and it was really awkward," Lizzy gave me a hug. "I don't know what to do." Lizzy looked at me.
        "Maybe talk with him later. Is he sleeping over?" I shrugged.

        I spent most of the time with Lizzy. The party wasn't horrible but it wasn't super awesome. It was just like twenty kids chilling and having some fun.

        I was glad Lizzy didn't allow alcohol or drugs because she knows I have a bad past with my birth father dealing with them and knowing that Gerard and Mikey had a bad past with them, it hurts to see people messing with that kind of stuff.

        Around eleven, Dean came up to me.
        "Ready to go?" I nodded and told Lizzy we were leaving.
        "Okay, have a great Christmas, guys!" She gave us each a hug and then grabbed things from the coat closet.

        "I hope you two like these. I have the same thing, too." I thanked her and we went out to Dean's truck. I stuck in my earbuds again and Gerard's soothing voice sang The Ghost Of You. The drive to my house was just me staring out the window, trying not to make things more awkward.

        As soon as we get to my house I grabbed my stuff and started to head inside.
        "Kira, wait!" Dean grabbed my wrist and I looked at him. I set my stuff on the porch and took a deep breath. "Did I do something?" He looked like he was going to cry.

        "You didn't do something, it was me." I looked at my boots.
        "So what did you do?" I saw Dean take a step closer.
        "That moment we had in my room before the party," I looked up at him.

        "I just, I didn't want to ruin our friendship and I know that if something happened between us, Tess would get flipped and I don't want our friendship to be wrecked because I love being your best friend," at this point, I was crying but I absolutely didn't care. "I'm sorry."

        I grabbed my stuff and went up the porch to go in. Dean grabbed my wrist again and pulled me towards him. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment before he put his hands on my cheek and kissed me. Should I be enjoying this? I didn't want Tess tearing me apart for, 'stealing her boyfriend'.

        Fuck it, I wrapped my arms around Dean's neck and kissed back, him moving his hands to my waist. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, his bangs tickling my nose.

        "You have no clue how long I've wanted to do that," we both started laughing and he put his hand on my cheek. "Kira, no matter what happens between us, you'll always be my best friend. Even if I move to the other side of the world." I smiled.
        "Why did you kiss me when you're dating Tess?" Dean pulled away.

        "Tess broke up with me over a month ago." I smacked him on the arm.
        "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" He shrugged.
        "I didn't want you blaming it on yourself. She just was mean and I'm glad I don't have to deal with her anymore."

        I nodded and wrapped my arms around myself.
        "You cold?" I nodded. Dean went back to his truck, got his things, and we headed inside. I went up to my room to put on pajamas.