17: The Sharpest Lives

Kira~
It was almost Bandit's birthday and we were planning a party for her.
        Lindsey was getting invitations out while I was making lists for what we needed and what we were gonna do. I was writing things down in my notebook until Lizzy walked into class.
        "Lizzy!" She looked up and smiled. "Hey, So, Bandit's birthday is coming up and we're planning a party but we need a couple more princesses so could you be one?" She looked at her phone for a second.

        "When is it?" She pulled up her calendar. "Next Saturday. I was gonna ask Courtney to be another and see if Dean could be the prince." She smiled.
        "I can be there!" I sighed in relief.
        "Thank you so much!" I went back to writing as the bell rang.

        After class, I ran into Courtney and Dean.
        "Oh, I was looking for you guys! I was wondering if you guys would be able to dress up for my little sister's party? We need a prince and another princess." Courtney looked at Dean.
        "Uhh sure. Would you provide the clothing?" I nodded.
        "I was thinking that after school, you, Lizzy, and I could go look at dresses we could use?" Courtney hissed.
        "We're gonna go see a movie after school."

        I felt a pang in my heart but I shook it off.
        "Oh. That's fine. Just make sure you find a dress that seems like what a princess would wear and it'll be fine." The bell rang and I headed off to class again.

~~~~~

        It was the day of Bandit's party and kids were starting to show up.
        Lizzy and I were up in my room, getting ready.
        "Do you have Courtney's number?" I asked as I put on some highlighter.
        "Yeah. Want me to text her and see if they're on their way?" I nodded. I told Dean that he needed to be here early to help set up but he never responded or came so we called our backup which is Mikey and Frank.

        Once we were ready, we headed downstairs and heard girls squealing.
        "Alright, my princesses. I think our real princesses are here!" I heard Lindsey so we gracefully made our way to the backyard where all the girls were. They all looked amazed as we stepped out and smiled.
        "Hello girls!" I took my crown off and walked towards Bandit. "I think the birthday girl deserves the crown today." I bent down and placed it on Bandit's head carefully before kissing her cheek.

        "Alright, let's get some pictures!" Parents started taking pictures of us with the girls until Gerard pulled me aside.
        "I thought there was supposed to be a prince and a third princess?" I shrugged.
        "Dean never responded and Lizzy texted courtney but she hasn't gotten back, either." Gerard let out a deep sigh and pursed his lips.
        "Before you take that off, I want a picture with both of my princesses." I nodded and went back to the pictures.

        Once pictures were done, we sat the girls down at the table we set up outside and started the tea party, giving them snacks and lemonade. Bandit seemed happy and all the girls were enjoying the party. I was talking with Kristin and Lindsey until Bandit walked up to me.
        "What's up, princess?" I bent down to her height. "Where's Dean? I wanted him to be here." I looked up at Lindsey in panic.
        "Hun, Dean was busy today. But you'll get to see him soon." Bandit nodded but still seemed confused.

        "But seriously, why did Dean not show?" I shook my head at Lindsey.
        "Cause apparently, he doesn't know how to respond to important text messages." I walked into the house and up to my room to grab my phone when I saw a text message from Dean.

Dean-Bear😍🐻💝:
Sorry, couldn't make it. Something came up

        I gripped my phone in anger as I walked downstairs. Once the girls were all content with food and drinks, we had Bandit open presents and they all played games until girls started going home.
        "Alright, I need a picture with my two princesses." Gerard had Bandit and I stand with him as Kristin took the photo.
        "We're gonna take these off and come help with cleaning up." Gerard nodded and Lizzy and I went up to my room to un-princess ourselves.

        "Did Dean ever respond?" I nodded and showed her the message. "Courtney said the same thing." I sighed and put my phone down before heading downstairs to clean.