8: Interlude

Kira~
It was the night before the last day of school and I was wrapping everyone's presents.
        Mikey took me out shopping and I got Gerard a custom MCR mug, a nice new paintbrush set for Lindsey, some barbies for Bandit, some crafting supplies for Cherry and Lily, a superhero figure set for Miles, some custom picks for Frank, a Hamilton book for Lizzy, some new beanies for Dean, a matching bracelet set for Jamia and I, some makeup brushes for Kristin, and a couple shirts for Mikey.

        Lindsey told me she'd take care of stuff for Gerard's parents since I didn't know what to get them. Once I was done wrapping everything up, I brought it downstairs to put under the tree. School was ending just three days before Christmas and I was a little annoyed it was ending so close to Christmas instead of a week before.

        I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take out my contacts before going to bed. As I walked past Bandit's bedroom, I heard her say my name.
        "Bandit? Why are you still up? It's almost midnight." She sat in her bed, holding a book.

        "Can you read to me?" I sighed.
        "Bandit, I read three books to you already. I need to go to sleep and so do you. Do you want mom and dad to cancel Christmas?" I usually referred Gerard and Lindsey as mom and dad around Bandit since she didn't fully understand that I wasn't fully comfortable calling them that.

        I tucked her back in and went to my room, climbing into my bed. I fell asleep quickly, excited that school was coming to an end for at least a couple weeks.

~dream~
        Dean and I walked into school, everyone staring at us. I was scared that everyone was staring at us until Dean grabbed my hand.
        "Dean?" He looked at me. "Are you sure we should do this?" I gestured to our hands. He gave me an odd look. As we were walking through the halls, I heard whispers from some of the kids.
        "I can't believe Dean is dating her? Like he must be dating her just to get to Gerard Way."

        I looked at the different people whispering and then looked at Dean. I felt odd. Why was Dean dating me? I'm just some stupid girl he felt sorry for.
        "Hey, you okay?" I looked back at Dean who looked worried.
        "Dean, why are you dating me? Like what possibly made you think that it was okay to date me?" Dean looked genuinely hurt.
        "Kira, I'm dating you because you're sweet and you're not like other girls." I glared at him.

        "Dean, everyone literally likes you. You could have any girl in the entire school, in the entire town. But you chose the ugly, annoying girl that almost nobody likes! Why?" Dean reached for my hand but I pulled it away. "I want an answer, Dean." At this point, everyone was looking. But I didn't care.
        "Because I love you!" I stared at him. He's never said that to me.

        "I love how you don't care about what other people say about how you act. I love how you can speak your mind and get tons of people to stop and listen. I love how your eyes sparkle whenever you're outside and the sun's shining. I love how your hand fits perfectly in mine. I love you." I stared into Dean's eyes before hugging him tightly.
        "I love you, too, Dean." I whispered into his ear before pulling away.

        He pulled me close to him and put his hand on my cheek, kissing me softly. It took me a split second to realize that he was kissing me. My first kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly.

        "KIRA, WAKE UP! MOMMY MADE BREAKFAST!" I woke up to Bandit jumping on my bed.
        "Okay, let me get dressed and I'll be down in a sec." She got off of my bed and ran out. I threw on some skinny jeans, a Sleeping With Sirens tee, and my boots. I brushed my hair and stuck on my glasses, going downstairs.
        Lindsey set a plate down in front of me with chocolate chip pancakes. My favorite.

        "Gee?" He looked up from his plate at me. "Can you drive me to school?" He raised an eyebrow.
        "Is Dean not able to?" I shrugged.
        "I just want you to drive me today." He agreed and I finished my breakfast before heading upstairs to get my things. I texted Dean that Gerard was driving me to school and then grabbed my earbuds.

        To be honest, I felt really awkward about my dream. And if I was in the car with him, I might blurt something out and ruin everything.

        Gerard drove me to school and I went to my locker to get my stuff for first period.
        Lizzy came up to me, wearing a Christmas sweater.
        "You coming tonight?" I nodded and grabbed my book. "Are you alright? You seem a little off." I looked at her.
        "I'm fine." And I headed to class.