Chapter 31 - Acceptance

Numbness. Nothing but painless numbness surrounded me. It was all that I can feel, all that I knew.

But suddenly, an image appears. It was the image if a room. A large spacious room surrounded by a transparent glass wall. And I where I stood was outside of the room. However, I wasn't alone. Around me, were other people whose face I couldn't identify, other than Matt's and Rae's. They all seem to stand outside of the room as well, gazing into the glass divider, with an expression of worry and sadness. That's when my eyes followed to the glass barrier room too. Inside it were two figures, one slightly taller than another. Although I didn't recognize him as well, what I did recognize was that he was dressed in a soldier-like uniform, sort of like Matt's but a bit more detailed. As if he was a high ranked person serving in the military. A gun was in his hand, as he looks down upon the other character that lay kneeled on the floor. The other figure was a mangled mess of blood and shredded rags. He looked as if in defeat, but showed no plea for mercy. Yet that wasn't all. The moment my eyes moved to the crushed figure, I instantly saw who it was. It was Remember.

My stomach flipped. As emotionless as he was, he still remained to stoop there, self-pitied and exposed to the bigger person. At that moment, the standing figure then raises its gun, pointing it directly at Remembers forehead. Yet Remember doesn't react, staying as vulnerable as ever.

Eyes wide, I knew instantly what was going to happen. He was going to kill Remember.

"N-n-no," I found myself calling aloud. "N-no, stop!"

But he ignores me, or just didn't hear it.

So I decide to knock on the glass wall loudly, as it rumbles beneath every bang of my hand.

"S-stop!" I cried again, but no response. Did he even notice?

That's when I see him raise his pistol, pinkie and ring finger beginning to slowly tighten around the trigger. Oh no....

"STOP!" I cried continuously, knowing it was no use. But the words kept syraying out from my own lips. "Stop! Stop! Stop!"

A loud gunshot then fires, leaving a big splash of blood on the glass.

"NOOOOOOO!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"No!" I found myself screaming aloud. "Stop!"

"Whoa!" A voice gasps beside me, coming directly from Matt.

Jumping up to a sitting position, it took me a minute to realize that I was no longer in that room, seeing the zombie slaughter. Instead, I was in a vast wide dessert-like terrain. Another thing is that I wasn't standing; I was sitting on the sandy floors, with a small blanket laid upon me. Beside me, were my knapsack and a startled Matt?

It wasn't real. What my visions saw before. It was all just a dream.

And another thing I noticed was pain. A sudden burst of pain shoots out from my neck, making me cough and gag.

"Ugh," I moaned, grasping my neck lightly. But, instead of feeling the actual wound of open flesh, my hand touched something soft and cottony. It was a bandage roll, wrapped tightly around my neck. My fingers searched for the edges and tugged. It was bandaged much way tighter than I thought.

There was a long silence, as I try to rewind what has happened, before my dream.

Rae was about to kill remember, but luckily I stopped her. However, my neck then starts to hurt. I saw blood, and realized that it was the wound a zombie had casted upon me. And everything went black. So that's what happened....

That's when another thought occurred. I don't see Rae or Remember Where were they?

"M-Morning." Matt interrupts, breaking the silence. "Are you alright?"